Author Topic: Game Boy Game Atlas (a "continuation" of the original NES Game Atlas)  (Read 103696 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: Game Boy Game Atlas (a "continuation" of the original NES Game Atlas)
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2017, 08:11:16 am »
I think Capcom just published it and not developed it, and I was probably only thinking of action games (was about to say "platformer" but TaleSpin and The Little Mermaid aren't really platformers in the traditional sense (with flying and swimming respectively), and Who Framed Roger Rabbit isn't at all), but sure, why not.

Are there any other maps that be ripped from Magical Tetris Challenge, or is this pretty much it?  Can you map the main play screens sort of like how Tetris and Dr. Mario on the NES (two separate games, not the Super NES one :P) have been mapped?

Offline Will

« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2017, 02:52:17 am »
Well for other maps there are special tetris screens which require you to eliminate all objects (acorns/flames/electrical bolts) using a limited number of tetris pieces. Talk to Chip 'n' Dale or go to the Fire Station or Power Station to enter that sort of game mode. There are over 100 of those screens and they get extremely hard to solve at the harder difficulties. If the solution could be displayed on the screen, I suppose they would be helpful and worth adding.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2017, 02:03:07 pm »
So if I add it to the list, do we consider it incomplete then?  Unless/until we get those maps?

Offline Will

« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2017, 12:54:36 am »
I think that's up to you. I never really considered Tetris maps to be priority any more than the maps of straightforward stages that you can't get lost in such as the 6th Stage (A whole new world) in SNES Aladdin.