Author Topic: No Weekend Update?  (Read 22176 times)

Offline Eggz

RE: No Weekend Update?
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 11:08:36 am »
Come on Will, that may be asking a little much from Jon. Yeah, that is the ideal situation, but he, like the rest of us, have other lives other than mapping, live full time jobs and school. Sometimes you just want to come home and relax and not have to think about doing anything until the next day of work. Weekends allow to follow other pursuits.

Heck, he could just update whenever he felt like it, not matter how much time would be between updates. Which we would be sad, and we're very glad he doesn't do. :)

---

This looks like a job for Science!
This looks like a job for Science!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 11:18:08 am »
Well, there was never an official weekend update per se.

A few years ago, I remember a whole month with no submissions.

Now I get maps every week, so it just kind of worked out that I'd do them on the weekend.  For a while it was Sundays.  For a while I tried to get them all in on Fridays.  Often it's both Saturday and Sunday and sometimes even all three.  It has been rare that I've missed a weekend, yet I've been pretty bad about it in March.

I'll try to do more than a typical week's worth when I can update, and eventually I'll get caught up.

There are certain car concerns (as in getting one and relearning how to drive) or job situations (as in deciding if I should stay or find a new one) that may or may not complicate my life in the next while, so that may or may not affect updates as well.  Just so you know!

I'm far from abandoning this place, don't worry.  :P  (Especially now that it's profitable...  >_>)

Offline Will

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008, 01:18:56 am »
Today Jon has made one heck of a brilliant record, so many updates for the MSX section. Wow, that was sprouting super fast. So many games in one day.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 08:46:55 am »
I think I did more the first time MSX maps were ever put up.  I'll check, but I think it was like 19 then (18 if you consider that Palace of Death turned out to be homebrew and subsequently removed), it was "only" 16 yesterday.

I put up maps for 14 MSX games yesterday, then I remembered that MGS4 came out yesterday (even though I don't care for the PS3) so I hurried up to squeeze the original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake in there as well.  Not that anyone would notice since they're clumped into that huge mess of Japanese MSX titles...

There may still be a weekend update, I did these mid-week updates because I'm bombarded with so many maps.  I still have like 83 maps for Command & Conquer: Red Alert to put up, and your Mega Man's Soccer maps, Will.  And other stuff.

We should be at just over 9900 maps by the time I put up all the maps I currently have.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2008, 09:56:32 am »
It's just too bad those Metal Gear maps all seem to have been reduced in size instead of keeping the original pixel resolution.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Current projects: Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Bucky O'Hare (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Maxim

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2008, 12:56:27 pm »
It seems a lot of that guy's maps are reduced-size:

http://www.geocities.com/msxgamer/

and I'd say, not good enough to add to this site.

Offline Will

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2009, 04:11:06 am »
It seems the updates are at a standstill this week. Better luck next week.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2009, 08:42:30 pm »
*puts Will's Ninja Gaiden Shadow maps up*

It's still Sunday evening where I am, and while I didn't put up all the maps I received this past week, you can't say I didn't update this weekend, so ha!  :P