Author Topic: Gauntlet - NES  (Read 34134 times)

Offline majax79

Gauntlet - NES
« on: April 26, 2009, 03:53:43 pm »
Firstly, let me thank everyone who puts so much time and work into creating NES maps. They've helped me out tremendously.

I'd like to request level 31-100 gauntlet maps. I know it's alot but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks again.

Offline snesmaster

RE: Gauntlet - NES
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 07:20:49 pm »
Hi, I made the first 30 maps.  I currently have some other mapping projects I'm working on, but I do plan on getting the the rest of the Gauntlet levels at some point.

Offline majax79

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 05:57:22 pm »
No, that's ok I can wait. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Offline majax79

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 04:39:01 pm »
Snesmaster,

I was just wondering how the markup was going?

Offline snesmaster

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 06:07:34 pm »
Actually, that project is on hold for now while I'm working on other maps.  I will get back to it at some point, but it may be a while.  Currently I'm working on maps for Doki Doki Panic (The Japanese game that was turned into Super Mario Bros. 2 in the US).

Offline majax79

Re: Gauntlet - NES
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 02:05:54 am »
Wow, I'm completely forgot about this thread....3 years later, lol.

Offline negative1

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 07:32:44 pm »
sorry, can't help you with the NES
version.. but mentioned to a person
you can find a replay of the home
version at HARP, and take screenshots
of that:
------------------------------------
https://www.vgmaps.com/forums/index.php?topic=1713.msg15655#msg15655

working on the arcade version..

later

Offline majax79

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 11:57:19 pm »
Well, if anyone is willing to take it on for a commission, let me know here or via PM.

Must be all levels with all secret walls exposed.

Offline Trop

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 09:49:04 am »
Commission?  What's this about a commission?

Offline majax79

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 12:36:30 am »
Lol, I'll pay someone to make the maps for me. PM if interested.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 08:16:16 am »
I once considered paying for maps that I felt VGMaps.com should have.  I seem to recall that GameFAQs once offered some kind of "bounty" to those who would submit a FAQ if it was one of the most requested.

However, that thought went out the window because of all the logistics.  It wouldn't've been fair for anyone who put in a lot of time and effort mapping a game before such a commission/bounty system was put in place.  And who would decide how much of a commission there would be for what games?  And say one person already mapped them, and another person saw there was money to be earned because they weren't on VGMaps.com, thus that other person might be enticed to steal that first person's maps and claim them as their own.  I've seen the stealing of maps a few times already, even with no money at stake.  I don't need to encourage that.  And then, of course, the cost/benefit balance.  It seems like it would be difficult to justify any particular amount, which could easily be too little or too much.  I'd rather just depend on people mapping what they like, and that seems to have worked well so far.  I might, on a rare occasion, email or message someone to prod their projects along if I personally want to see them done, but I don't think I could ever have an official system based on bounties or commissions.

I'm not against any personal transactions you may guys may be making, after all, that's your money and your business.  Let's just be clear that VGMaps.com has nothing to do with it.  So if the deal goes sour, not my problem, or if I don't think the maps are good enough to be put on VGMaps (not that you couldn't share them some other way), I shouldn't be obligated to put them up.  I'm not saying either case is likely, but I would like that disclaimer out there.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 08:18:30 am by JonLeung »

Offline Trop

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 01:38:59 pm »
Weeellll.  I should give Rick the chance to get back on this project.  I mean he has a bunch done and he's already got a paypal account and everything.  But I've never done a project for money.  I'd have to strut all my stuff real professional like, it would be interesting.  Tell you what, if Rick doesn't pick this back up in the next couple of months I'll take it on.

Offline majax79

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 08:22:25 pm »
@Trop

Sounds good to me. I figure I'm doing something good for the NES community as well as for myself.

Offline majax79

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 01:50:45 pm »
Anyone still willing to take this project on?

Offline Trop

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 07:37:22 pm »
I completely forgot about this.  I'll start working on it as soon as I can.