Author Topic: 2009/03: The Legend Of Zelda: The Minish Cap (GBA) - rocktyt  (Read 20433 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
2009/03: The Legend Of Zelda: The Minish Cap (GBA) - rocktyt
« on: February 28, 2009, 09:52:25 pm »
User posted image
The Legend Of Zelda: The Minish Cap

For this month's "Maps of the Month" featurette, I wish to draw your attention to rocktyt's The Legend Of Zelda: The Minish Cap (GBA) maps.

When looking for something green to wear this month, it's not likely that you'll end up wearing an advice-giving birdlike hat that is capable of shrinking you.  But that's what happens when Link meets Ezlo, a Minish sorcerer who was transformed into an avian-styled cap when betrayed by his apprentice, Vaati.  Link must stop Vaati to save Princess Zelda and the kingdom of Hyrule in this single-player adventure that expands the story seen in the two multiplayer Four Swords games.

Like any 2D Zelda game, the game is bright and colourful, featuring an overworld rich with variety in landscapes and puzzles.  The dungeons are, as always, full of devious challenges but provide Link with the items and equipment necessary for him to complete his quest.  If you need more help, rocktyt's maps will ensure that you won't get lost...but as with any Zelda game, they look pretty nice, too!

So to recognize the effort put into mapping the last 2D incarnation of Hyrule, rocktyt's The Legend Of Zelda: The Minish Cap maps will be known as VGMaps.com's Maps of the Month for March 2009.

Offline Rew

RE: 2009/03: The Legend Of Zelda: The Minish Cap (GBA) - rocktyt
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 05:58:25 pm »
The Minish Cap is pure win.

And a great idea as a sort-of St. Patty's Day theme--I'd never even thought of that before.

---

"So this is what it's like..."

- Spark Mandrill
From the Super Smash Bros. Brawl board on GameFAQs:
The only Fox News we're interested in is breakthroughs in his metagame.

Offline piken

• Author of BgMapper utility for ZSNES savestates
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 09:38:15 pm »
What nice timing, for I just bought that.

Arigatou Rocktyt.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 10:35:16 pm »
I regret never getting the game. Then again, I've never much been into the 2D Zelda games after the first one repeatedly stumped me. Perhaps I'll pick it up some time. It certainly does look pretty.

---

YTT (36%) - WL4 (64%) - PM (41%) - YI (11%) - SMRPG (84%)
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!