Author Topic: Problem with hotmail  (Read 8338 times)

Offline Will

Problem with hotmail
« on: May 03, 2009, 12:02:54 am »
There is a problem I am very concerned with on hotmail. The system has become annoyingly sensitive in posts, especially my map submissions. My most recent submission has been rejected and it says for political reasons. That's a blatant lie! Hotmail shouldn't be in a position to reject mail, the administrator should. I'm not the first the person to encounter this problem. Can anything be done to ensure a problem like that isn't repeated? Take care everyone.

Offline Revned

RE: Problem with hotmail
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 12:19:17 am »
Are you sending from Hotmail, or to Hotmail? Regardless, you're right. They have no right to do that. *Adds to his loooong list of reasons to hate Microsoft*

Today I had to send my maps to Jon in multiple parts since Hotmail won't accept >10 MB attachments. He does have Gmail, if I remember correctly, but I don't know if he actually uses it.

Offline Maxim

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 04:15:06 am »
It seems Hotmail is quite happy to block a lot of emails if it thinks they're suspicious. Emails with image attachments can look like spam, I suppose.

I suggest Jon should set up a plain old unfiltered unlimited mailbox like submit@vgmaps.com to avoid such issues (as well as the size limit). I actually set up Gmail to retrieve from my equivalent one, since I can always go and get it from the server if Gmail refuses, and the Gmail interface is nicer than the host's webmail.

Offline Will

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 09:41:05 am »
It's been 5 days since my last submission and the damn server keeps sending my current ones back. If nothing is done soon, my submissions and perhaps other's submissions will cease to come and therefore jeopardise future updates.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 12:18:05 pm »
Send it to my GMail account.  Same address, just "g" instead of "hot".  I rarely ever use that, but I'll keep any eye out for your submissions there in the next few days.  Don't get in the habit of using that, as it's not my main address by far.  I probably use it once a year.

I'm looking into getting an "@vgmaps.com" address.  Shouldn't be too hard to set up and it would probably look more professional.  :P