Author Topic: Mega Man Maps  (Read 579949 times)

Offline marioman

RE: Mega Man Maps
« Reply #150 on: April 21, 2008, 01:35:12 pm »
I know something that you don't...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #151 on: April 21, 2008, 06:48:35 pm »
Having knowledge of future events doesn't count as "psychic" if someone told you, like for example if Zeric told you that Chill Penguin and Armored Armadillo maps will be up soon.  :P

I just finished X 8 last night.  It's like this is right on cue (though I finished it on Easy, where I don't get to see the ending...phooey).

Offline marioman

« Reply #152 on: April 21, 2008, 07:36:24 pm »
Ooooh...Jon is psychic too.  :P

Having knowledge of future events doesn't count as "psychic" if someone told you

Why not?  That's people do that on TV all of the time.  And they make truckloads of money while they're at it.

X8 seems interesting.  I don't have a PS2, but I would consider getting the PC version.  I just haven't gotten around to it yet.  I would also like to get X7 for the PC, but the PC version was only available in Korea.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #153 on: April 21, 2008, 08:35:48 pm »
I think every X game except for X 2 is available for the PC.  I remember buying Mega Man X for the PC way back in the day to get the Genesis-like controller (or "joypad").  Though really, shouldn't a Super NES-like controller have been more fitting?  I see the box every day, all my boxed games are lined up along the wall alphabetically and Mega Man X and Metal Gear Solid 2 are directly above the center of the monitor.

Those are the kinds of games that are more common in their console form, it seems.  I've seen one of the later X games available from one of those legal buy-a-download sites when they seemed to be advertising a lot on GameFAQs, but otherwise they're hard to find.

Offline marioman

« Reply #154 on: April 21, 2008, 08:38:42 pm »
I hear that X2 was available for PC somewhere in Asia, but I am not sure where.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #155 on: April 21, 2008, 09:02:19 pm »
Well, since last week I made time for a non-weekend update by putting up Xtreme 2 maps on Thursday, it's only fair to put up the remaining X maps on even a Monday, right?

So Chill Penguin's and Armored Armadillo's stages are up.  Get your dash boots and your Hadokens, etc.

Offline marioman

« Reply #156 on: April 22, 2008, 04:21:38 am »
Awesome! List updated.  Thanks Zeric.

Offline Rew

« Reply #157 on: April 22, 2008, 08:30:57 am »
Can it be? The maps for the greatest Mega Man game ever created are complete at last! =D

---

"So this is what it's like..."

- Spark Mandrill
From the Super Smash Bros. Brawl board on GameFAQs:
The only Fox News we're interested in is breakthroughs in his metagame.

Offline marioman

« Reply #158 on: April 26, 2008, 07:45:51 pm »
Update 4/26/08:

Will has ripped another Mega Man GG map.  This time it is Napalm Man.  This leaves 5 maps for the game, so I updated the 5 or fewer list.  Thanks Will.

Offline Will

« Reply #159 on: April 27, 2008, 12:29:51 am »
Thank you. I found Napalm Man the most colourful stage I have ever seen in the game. Why he is he called Napalm Man? Isn't Napalm the jelly stuff used to power flamethrowers? He's not using a flamethrower instead he's lauching bombs, so is the name inconvienent and would Rocket or Missile or Bomb Man have been better? And lastly I'm onto Bright Man.

Offline marioman

« Reply #160 on: April 27, 2008, 12:06:00 pm »
Napalm is also used in bombs.  There was already a Bomb Man, so that name wouldn't work.

Offline Will

« Reply #161 on: April 28, 2008, 12:18:57 am »
I have now finished Starman, that makes only three left. I can hardly wait to make it to Dr. Wily.

Offline marioman

« Reply #162 on: April 29, 2008, 07:17:45 am »
Awesome!  List updated for Star Man.  The Mega Man Board maps will be checked off as soon as they go up on the site.  Thanks.

Mega Man Board is actually a really fun game.  It has been accused of being just a straight Monopoly clone, but I think that in some aspects it is better than Monopoly.  The main difference between it and Monopoly is the fact that anyone can build on a piece of property.  (Whereas in Monopoly only  the property owner can build on his own property.)    So if Player 1 builds on Player 2's property, then they have to split all rent that is taken in.  Very interesting gameplay.

Thanks again for the maps Will.

Offline Will

« Reply #163 on: April 29, 2008, 09:26:45 am »
I like being praised and I have just finished Waveman today, it's the biggest map I've done yet, even bigger than the Sailor Moon maps I've done, the long length of the map is the speedboat rush. I considered whether to do it or not, but I've done it and you will soon see the end result of Waveman I have been working on all day.

Offline marioman

« Reply #164 on: April 30, 2008, 06:42:49 am »
List updated.  Two to go.  Thanks.