General Boards > Map Requests

Mega Man Maps

<< < (2/122) > >>

Dan:
Last I heard, and this was a while ago, there are over 90 Rockman games released.  You can find the exact number somewhere at the Capcom website.

Revned:
I doubt we'll ever have every single Mega Man game mapped. The most we can hope for is complete map sets from The Classic Series, the X Series, the Zero Series, etc.

JonLeung:
Dan said: Last I heard, and this was a while ago, there are over 90 Rockman games released.  You can find the exact number somewhere at the Capcom website.

I actually heard that they broke a hundred.  They must include all the different versions of games, because when I got to 60 I was sure I was thinking of every conceivable series.  I forgot Battle Network 4.5, but it's doubtful I could've forgotten a whole 30 or even 40 games.  Perhaps they considered the two versions of Mega Man: Anniversary Collection as different (as far as I know they just had a different bonus video).  There are various versions of X 3 (which despite being rare is like on the most consoles: Super NES, PC, PSX, Saturn).  I think all X games except for 2 are also for the PC, actually (I've been trying to get a hold of X 7 and X 8 for the PC for a while now).  Maybe they counted Mega Man & Bass for the GBA and Rockman & Forte for the Super Famicom as two different games.  And recently I heard there are Battle Network games that use the physical chips (or chip-like things) like those found in the series, in an E-Reader-like device for a special version of Battle Network 6 but also used in toys and amusement machines.  I wonder if they count them.  Well, any arcade games I suppose they would, if that's what the "amusement machines" are.  It still seems like a stretch.  Maybe they count Japanese games and North American games and European games all as separate?  In that case, 100 sounds too low, unless they never counted any of the spin-offs.

I think it's possible to get all of the 2D Mega Man games mapped at some point.  Why not?  It may take some urging to get the obscure ones (like the WonderSwan games or whatever), but the ones on the popular consoles are possible and likely soon enough, I'll wager.

marioman:
I would think that the 90+...100+...1000+...whatever number of games statistic is way inflated.  They must have included every version and every re-make in that calculation.

My list should contain every Mega Man game that could be mapped.  There are 21 non-Battle Network games that are left to map, and they all have around 15 maps.  (That does not count the ones that are partially mapped.)  The BN ones would add about 300 maps to that number, but that is another issue.

Personally, I would like to at least see the Main Series games mapped.  I never really liked BN, and the maps for those games are so extensive that it will take a while to finish them.  But, the Main Series maps should be a reasonable goal to reach.

marioman:
Update 11/27/06:

I have talked to Zeric, and he says that he has only three maps left for Mega Man 8!  He just has the first three Wily levels left to do.  I am hoping that he will put up the maps that he has done so far, but that is entirely up to him.

Since I still can't edit posts anymore, so just disregard the note on the list about contacting Zeric.  I will update that note as soon as I possibly can.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version