Author Topic: What game is this? (Video recreation)  (Read 111 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
What game is this? (Video recreation)
« on: May 27, 2024, 09:40:35 pm »
People asking to identify a game they recall from their past is a pretty common thing, especially on Reddit's r/tipofmyjoystick subreddit (as that is the whole point of it).

A user named RecloySo, looking for an isometric Egyptian adventure game on PC, has a very lengthy and detailed description of her memories of it, which is more than many people do.  But what makes this search even more interesting is that she has taken it a step further and recreated what she could remember from it in this video:

She insists this isn't part of some ARG, and state she is honestly trying to figure out what this game is.  Many suggestions have been thrown her way, but it is still unidentified.  "The Pharaoh's Tomb" is a common guess but doesn't match the time period, as it would have had to be before 2003.  At this time, in RecloySo's Reddit post, there is a list of about 100 suggestions.  Looks like people are suggesting pretty much every isometric game there is!

I skimmed the PC maps that are on VGMaps.com (pretty easy to do for me as it's all in one folder), but the games that are visually close, like Twinsen's and Heimdall, have already been suggested - and rejected.  The mystery is currently unsolved.

Since many of you guys know games and maps, I wonder if this would be familiar to anyone, and can help ReloySo remember what this is!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2024, 10:05:07 pm by JonLeung »