Author Topic: Tales of Phantasia(SNES)  (Read 17989 times)

Offline xyzbilliu

Tales of Phantasia(SNES)
« on: July 01, 2009, 10:12:38 am »
Now I'm working on Tales of Phantasia.I choose SNES version because the codes are much more useful than other version,and I've played SNES version before.

Maps in this game are more then other game which I've ripped.I've done only 15% this week.

http://www.zshare.net/download/62094207cad9bf91/
Next game:Crusader of Centy(GEN)
My Game Atlas Website

Offline Tropicon

RE: Tales of Phantasia(SNES)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 08:09:49 pm »
I'm doing this one too and after looking at your stuff I think it's time for a precedent change.  I'm moving the space between rooms down to just one pixel.  I'm on the Valhalla planes now and at 67 rooms with cloud shadows it's a royal pain.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 07:10:23 am »
Because of an earlier claim I made that I finish every game I touch, my brother keeps on referring to Dhaos' Castle as a sort of inside joke, and also to try to humble me, I suppose.

Tales Of Phantasia is one of the few games I haven't finished; despite following a FAQ there seemed to be a problem on the first floor (I think it was the first) whereby there's a door that has to be opened by a floor switch.  I think it involved having to hit the switch and then going around to it somehow, since there's another floor switch that closes it again on the usual path, but I think I couldn't get around it, so the door was always closed.  A bug?  Perhaps caused by a screwed up translation patch?  I remember a part where I did a real-time save before something, and continued playing, but then when I loaded up the real-time save, it thought I already did whatever I intended the real-time save to have been saved just before so I could see it again.  (I think it had to do with a tree or something...)

I noticed something with real-time saves and actual battery save files functioning a bit differently than one would expect on the translated Seiken Densetsu 3, as well, leading me to believe that being stuck in Dhaos' Castle is not any lack of my own skill but an unfortunate glitch.

Offline Tropicon

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 05:12:48 pm »
I know that puzzle.  There are 2 exits to the room but you don't notice the other one because on your way there it's a locked door.  You assume it will still be locked so you don't try it but the truth is it's a one way door that is never locked from behind.  You're supposed to walk over the switch closing the left exit, leave the room through the one way door, go back in through the first door and hit the switch again to open the left exit.  First time I spent forever looking for a non-existent key for the one way door.  If it still doesn't work then you do have save eater on your hands.

I used to lose progress that way.  Saving normally then forgetting and losing it all by loading a save state.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 05:44:07 pm »
Ah, no, I encountered that problem before with the save states and "normal" saves, but not with this game.  In fact it's the opposite that I referred to with Seiken Densetsu 3, where it seems as if "normal" saving saved it to the battery save file, that even save state loading/saving didn't seem to affect it.  At least that's how I remembered it.

In any case, I hope it'll be mapped out well between the two of you (or whoever ultimately submits it), but I don't know that I'll ever revisit this game, and if I do, it'd probably be on the GBA.

Offline xyzbilliu

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 10:15:41 am »
The map of Olive Vallage is always moving. I spend much time to change it to original. Is there any other way to deal with?

http://img2.a9vg.com/260000/259856//album//1159196227/preview/1246716348816.png
My Game Atlas Website

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 12:29:47 pm »
Have you tried using vSNES? It allows you to view the contents of the VRAM from a save state.

http://vsnes.aep-emu.de/

---

"its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys" - John Freeman

Offline Tropicon

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 10:12:49 am »
Those wavy lines are the bane of TOP. Stopped me from doing the molten cavern.  Heh and you won't believe it but I got stuck in Dhaos's castle too.  No statue to push down the hole and I can't go forward.  Guess it's off to another project.

Offline xyzbilliu

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 05:30:53 pm »
Molten Cavern is so difficult to rip(the background move vertical and the magma move horizontal), it use me 5 days. I hope there are no maps like Molten Cavern any more.

http://img2.a9vg.com/260000/259856//album//1159196227/1247268233212.png
My Game Atlas Website

Offline xyzbilliu

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 06:24:37 am »
I?ve finished about 50% of the game.It's much bigger than I thought.

http://www.zshare.net/download/63516590af323ed8/
My Game Atlas Website

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 03:51:21 pm »