General Boards > Gaming

Where can I get five- or six-suit decks of playing cards for cheap?

(1/2) > >>

JonLeung:
Board games and card games are cool too, perhaps that's a way to stave off the video game addiction.  >_>

I was reading about playing cards and about how there are five-suit and six-suit variations.  

The five suits include the usual four plus stars (kind of like what is hinted at with the five characters in Super Mario RPG!), but the fifth suit ruins the black-red symmetry by having the stars either both black and red or neither.  There are also versions with different colours, I hear: red hearts, black spades, green clubs (clovers?), yellow diamonds, and blue stars...(though wouldn't blue diamonds and yellow stars make more sense?)

What I would probably like more is the six-suit deck, with red crowns and black anchors.  I've seen them available for purchase here, but at that price, I'd much rather just print off my own cards and sleeve them up in my brother's old card sleeves (like the kind he uses for his Yu-Gi-Oh! cards).  Unless you guys know of any decks that are inexpensive.

Maxim:
I can only thing of one place where you can buy random crap at occasionally cheap prices - eBay.

JonLeung:
I'll look again but earlier today when I looked on eBay, "five-suit" and "six-suit" didn't come up with anything, and anything including "playing cards" brings up a ton of results of collectors' and themed decks of the regular four suits.  Looking up "Stardeck" (a name for one kind of five-suit deck) didn't give me what I was looking for, either.

The search continues!  Weird how I instantly get intrigued by some things sometimes.

JonLeung:

It's a work in progress...

I really should have stars, not circles, but it's more a placeholder right now than anything.  Plus the Royal Family should look different instead of just being clones of the Spades Royalty.

Plus, I was thinking maybe white would look good too. I mean, yellow is bright, but white, black and the three RGB colours is neat too.  Plus, with the usual elemental/colours theme, holy/white is stronger than dark/black, which controls fire/red, which consumes earth/green, which absorbs water/blue.

Revned:
What's the point? And why change the colors of the existing suits?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version