Author Topic: Jon I can't get these maps through to you through crappy hotmail  (Read 9418 times)

Offline Trop

So I'm posting them here instead.

Actraiser 2
Here are all the Actraiser 2 maps.  I posted both transparency and non transparency versions in case you wanted one, the other, or both.  Magic Bay can't say I never did anything for him.

Wizardry 8
And I wanted to post these on your site but in their original size they were too big.  At full size the biggest is over 60000kb and more the 10000 pixels in both directions.  So I shrunk them all by half and here they are.  But hey they still look good, and for once you have stuff from me that doesn't appear on my site too.  Fun game by the way, if it is impossible hard.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 08:11:00 am by Trop »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: Jon I can't get these maps through to you through crappy hotmail
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 06:42:51 pm »
Okay, I'll grab 'em here, but don't forget I have a GMail account as well...the same, but replace the "hot" with "g".

EDIT: Hey, there's the part I couldn't ever figure out how to get past.  Unfortunately the map doesn't clear it up any...

This part in Benefic...how do I make a large enough jump left off the leaf?

« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 06:48:44 pm by JonLeung »

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 07:10:11 pm »
Assuming you know anything about the Until We Win series of video hosted on www.thatguywiththeglasses.com, they recently had one covering Actraiser 2. According to the author of said video, that jump simply requires pixel  perfect precision in terms of starting point and aerial movement. He was quite annoyed about having to retry it many, *many* times.
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 09:25:00 pm »
I only watched three minutes of that video...hilarious.  I hadn't heard of that before and am amused that I'm not the only one frustrated by that jump.  :P

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 10:02:15 pm »
You would not believe how much time I I waste on that site each week...
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Trop

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 06:02:22 pm »
I stopped having trouble with the jumps as soon as I realized that two taps of the a button gives you a jump and a glide but 3 just gives you a double jump.  I didn't figure out you could break the masters glide till the airship section of the death field where you have to be accurate.