Author Topic: E.V.O.: Search for Eden  (Read 41812 times)

Offline Trop

Re: E.V.O.: Search for Eden
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2010, 06:47:41 pm »
Yeah that's how it is at vgmapper.  The only contributors that ever helped me with request stuff are Flying Armor and Kung Fu Furby.  Most of the vgmappers either have their own site or post elsewhere along with my site.  Dark Wolf runs Pixel Warehouse, Enhasa runs VideoGameSprites.net, Ray is the guy behind VGMuseum, Alex is the creator of Fantasy Anime, Flying Armor and Peardian are from right here, Furby came over from SNESMusic, Kinsuke and Mike are GameFAQs contributors, and Marsil just came out of the blue.

Offline Trop

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2010, 10:54:48 pm »
#4's up.  Sorry this is taking so long.  Too many projects at once.

Offline N. Harmonik

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2010, 11:24:28 am »
Hmm...

Red outline for edible things that attack you.
Green outline for edible things that don't attack you.
White outline for your forms and crystals.

Neat.

Offline Trop

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 10:47:01 pm »
Next ones up, sorry it took so long, I've spent the past few days doing nothing but Ultima.  And you got it with the coloring system.  You might also say that green means non moving and red means anything that will damage you on contact.  I'll probably do bosses in red too and there will be other things to mark later on, like friendlies that should not be attacked or eaten, so if you have a color preference tell me now.

Offline N. Harmonik

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2010, 04:03:44 pm »
Colour preference?

Pink for the win!

PS: Those volcanoes in the Cave of Zinichtys... Should I beware of them?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 04:08:09 pm by N. Harmonik »

Offline Trop

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010, 08:00:38 pm »
OK, friendlies will appear in pink.  As for the volcanoes, they fire so fast and so erratically you're better off just dashing through them as fast as you can instead of attempting to carefully dodge each lava rock.

Offline Trop

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2010, 12:02:00 am »
Number 6 is up.  Now that I've cleared Ultima ROV2 I'll focus more time on this.

Offline N. Harmonik

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2010, 06:27:04 pm »
Oh good. :D I was beginning to get concerned with the passing of a full week and the knowledge that the sixth map isn't that big.

Alright, it has to be said: Creationism and the theory of evolution are compatible after all!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 06:29:48 pm by N. Harmonik »

Offline Trop

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2010, 10:06:19 pm »
next one's up completing the age of fish, a nice little warm up, and mapping precedents have been established.  When I did the Cave of Zinichtys I was using a camera control code to look past the usual visual limit.  But it was buggy.  When it didn't work in the Cave of Origin I had to make a walk through walls code and I discovered to my horror that this game really was designed to be WYSIWYG and nothing else.  If you walk through a wall at the wrong point you zip back to the entrance or elsewhere.  If the camera scrolls somewhere it's not supposed to be it starts displaying some area you're not really looking at.  There's no right way to look past the in game borders so I'm afraid that's all your getting.  I hate to do nothing but display only what you already saw in the game but I'm at my skill limit.  On the upside mapping will go faster now.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2010, 10:52:18 pm »
Codes are nice when they work but there are games with complex rendering engines where you'd need to disassemble and hack the game code directly to get the effect you want. While mapping Max Payne, several codes I tried would move my character on an off-screen location but without updating the map to reflect the change. A simple code will often bypasses a whole chunk of the display routines resulting in such problems. Good luck nonetheless :)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline N. Harmonik

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2010, 10:02:27 pm »
Well, as long as no hidden areas or passageways are left out, I'm fine with not seeing beyond the borders.

Offline Trop

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2010, 11:49:47 am »
Yes massive direct code hacking is beyond me so I'm cornered as far as looking around walls goes.  If I do miss something though don't hesitate to tell me so I can fix it.  As for some good news I'm making great progress and for at least the next couple of weeks there will be a new EVO map posted every other day starting tomorrow.

Offline N. Harmonik

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2010, 03:39:27 pm »
Whoo! ;D

Offline Trop

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2010, 08:58:56 am »
Yep.  So I can stop announcing updates here now that they're regular.  Other then that just be sure to tell me if I missed anything.

Offline Trop

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2010, 10:45:27 pm »
A couple of things.  First I can now safely say I'm keeping the current update schedule until I clear the entire game.  Second an oops, I only just discovered that HP from meat changes based on what body your in.   :-[  So all those numbers are basically wrong.  But the EXP numbers are right at least.