Author Topic: Super Mario's Wacky Worlds  (Read 9343 times)

Offline Will

Super Mario's Wacky Worlds
« on: September 04, 2010, 09:48:52 am »
The existence of this game is mysterious and unheard of to me. I thought I'd seen everything of Super Mario from NES to Nintendo Wii, but this really takes the cake. Fancy a Mario game on Philips CD-i. I researched on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario%27s_Wacky_Worlds that it was cancelled in post-production. Judging by the video on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dapyW4rwYNc&feature=related I'd say this game is playable enough. If this game is worth doing, this will fill in a gap in the grand Mario maps collection.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: Super Mario's Wacky Worlds
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 10:03:00 am »
There are other CD-i games with Nintendo characters when Nintendo was working on a CD peripheral with Philips.  There are the infamous Zelda games, of course, but on the Mario side, I'm sure "Hotel Mario" was released though I'm not sure if there's any point to map it.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 05:27:48 pm »
I'm actually surprised they managed to get such a smooth scrolling on the CD-i since the system was notorious in having difficulty in that regard. As for Super Mario's Wacky Worlds, what that video shows looks barely like an Alpha, as almost everything seems broken/not programmed yet. I don't think there would be much of a point in mapping it outside of novelty purposes.
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 09:21:15 pm »
I've also heard that CD-i emulators are really hard to come by.

If Wacky Worlds gets mapped, might as well tackle Hotel Mario afterwards. :P
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 09:59:29 pm »
You'd have to endure Hotel Mario first, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone judging by some videos I've seen of it ;)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)