Author Topic: Blake Stone SVG remake  (Read 7193 times)

Offline DarkWolf

Blake Stone SVG remake
« on: September 02, 2021, 10:15:35 am »
I'm getting close to finishing this, so I wanted to share a preview. I've been working on re-doing my Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold maps in SVG. Those files can then be loaded into a webpage to create a viewer with some interactive options. Not sure when it will be done, as it's always the small details which take the most time and energy right?

If the image tag doesn't work: https://garoux.net/forum/blakepreview.png

Offline DarkWolf

Re: Blake Stone SVG remake
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2021, 10:32:39 pm »
These are almost done. I just need to run some double checks on the later episodes. I would appreciate if some folks could look these over and give me some feedback. I could particularly use a few people to try these out on Apple devices. The viewer should work with a modern browser, and should be phone/tablet friendly. Maps are temporarily here on my hosting: (removed)

The viewer should have a nav bar at the top which should let you, from left to right:
  • Open a dialog of bookmarks and the view should center on it as best it can when you click/press on an item in the list.
  • Open a dialog of display options and let you toggle different items/layers in the map. There are two options for Blake Stone.
  • Zoom in
  • Zoom out
  • Open a dialog for map info which should contain game, level and contributor information.

Know issues / limitations:
  • Some Floor 9 maps have multiple Gold Access Key (Dr. Goldfire) entries because there are multiple spawns, although the key will only drop once. Just need to figure out a better solution for this.
  • Exits on Floor 9 need a bookmark.
  • Generators on Episode 6 Floor 9 need bookmarks.
  • Using your browser zoom can create issues. Use viewer controls for now.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 09:25:55 pm by DarkWolf »