Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: 4 Swords Adventure  (Read 27621 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 10:23:16 pm »
Remind me again, how long, time-wise, does this game take?

I ask because I'm planning gaming sessions with friends to play this game in its entirety.  From the 60 YouTube videos in the "Let's Play" series featuring this game that are 13-15 minutes long, my estimate is 13-15 hours...but that sounds a little longer than I remember.  Since you're mapping it, do you have a better estimate?

I originally played the game with my brother when the game was new, and though two teams of two Links was fun, I longed to play it with four players.  More recently, I played the Shadow Battle with friends at two parties in the past half-year, and I think there's interest to tackle the main adventure.

I currently have two more GBAs (in addition to the two I already have) on a long-term loan.  And if I wanted to sub out my one non-SP GBA, I can do that too.  My friend was moving recently so he gave me an extra GameCube (or perhaps it's also a long-term loan, but in any case he's not missing it right now).  And my dad just gave me an extra TV last week.  Since I've got all this, I bought a Game Boy Player off of eBay today.  This will be awesome...once I can schedule it.  How long is this again?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 10:29:44 pm by JonLeung »

Offline Piranhaplant

Re: The Legend of Zelda: 4 Swords Adventure
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 02:11:06 pm »
The speed run on Speed Demos Archive is about 3 hours, so that would be the bare minimum.  Realistically, if you've played through the whole game before, I would say it takes anywhere from 6-10 hours depending on if you try to collect the maximum amount of force gems per level, and the cooperativeness of the group.  I'm not entirely sure though, it's been a while since I've played through some of the later levels.
Games I have mapped--Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES), Mario Party 3 (N64), Super Mario Bros Deluxe (GBC), New Super Mario Bros. (DS), Mario Kart DS (DS)

Offline Piranhaplant

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2011, 10:15:59 am »
I've finally finished world 3!  Check the first post for the links.  I'll be having more free time in the near future, so hopefully I will get some more done soon.
Games I have mapped--Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES), Mario Party 3 (N64), Super Mario Bros Deluxe (GBC), New Super Mario Bros. (DS), Mario Kart DS (DS)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2011, 02:40:47 pm »
What I find funny about this week's Zelda submissions by you and Peardian is that I just played these!  Okay, I didn't just play these, but they're of the last areas I just played in these games that I'm currently playing!  I am planning on resuming with Zelda: Four Swords Adventures with friends next week, and the first and only session we played we stopped after the second stage of Death Mountain, which I just put up.  Huh, wow.  Of course, considering how much trouble we had (one hammer-happy friend made it tricky to bring the fire pots over to the wicks), it would have been helpful to have had those maps then.  :P

And in Ocarina Of Time 3D, I'm currently in the first room of the Forest Temple after afew hours of only getting Skulltulas and Heart Pieces and other items, so Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly is indeed the last full dungeon I completed (I don't think the Ice Cavern really counts).

But coincidences aside, awesome job, guys!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 02:41:24 pm by JonLeung »