Author Topic: Final Fantasy 2 (NES)  (Read 12778 times)

Offline Paco

Final Fantasy 2 (NES)
« on: December 28, 2010, 07:09:17 am »
After FF1 i also want to map this in the Future, but...

Final Fantasy II (U) (Prototype).nes works fine in FCEUX 2.1.4a but a patched FF2 J Rom with Neo Demiforce v1.03 show just Trash under FCEUX while it work fine under other Emu like Nestopia ;_;

guess have to use the US Rom to map the Game...
Legends never dies.

Offline TerraEsperZ

Re: Final Fantasy 2 (NES)
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 02:54:21 pm »
That's unfortunate, but if the game is otherwise the same in terms of the actual maps, it shouldn't matter which ROM is used. Or you can try mapping it using Nestopia instead, though I know I personally hate having to use a different emulator than usual to map a particularly troublesome game.
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Paco

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 06:05:12 am »
Check the Difference for the US ROM to comparse. FCEUX also have the possiblity to display object and background. very useful for a mapper. Nestopia and other Emu dont seems to have it..

have to play with the Demi Rom with nestopia and map the Game with US Rom on FCEUX. :/
Legends never dies.

Offline Paco

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 12:17:03 pm »
started working on it. First 6 Cities are more or less done. BUT Why the hell is there different Names?

There is Fin (US-Version) or Phin (Demi-Version) or Fynn (on Rick Bruns World Maps) for example. -.-
Legends never dies.

Offline FlyingArmor

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 01:14:36 pm »
Because there is no one definitive way of translating proper names that were originally written in katakana into English. The original Japanese term is フィン, which can be transliterated to "fin". Whether it is written as Fin, Phin, or Fynn, it is still pronounced the same way. You can blame English for having irregular spelling. And another factor would be aesthetics.

Offline Paco

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 07:44:14 am »
am done with FF2. There are 2 Point i like to point out.

1. For the latter Half of Jade Portal and Pandemonium i somehow lost count of which Chest has Monster infested (marked red). So if someone know which Chests besides the one i already marked are also infested, so please tell me.

2. I found many false Wall (Color is different from the other), but i'm not God. So if someone found another one not shown on the Maps, so please tell me. ^^
Legends never dies.

Offline snesmaster

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 05:35:21 am »
Just for reference, I used "Final Fantasy 2 (J) [T-Eng1.03].nes" when mapping the overworld map using FCEUX 2.1.0a