Author Topic: Map Request For these GameCube games?  (Read 13589 times)

Offline magicbay

• this isn't me.. just a celeb i like..
Map Request For these GameCube games?
« on: March 03, 2011, 10:56:57 am »
I was wondering if anyone has mapped the following gamecube games.

Zelda Collection: Legend of Zelda -- already been mapped
Zelda Collection: Zelda 2 - The Adventure of Link -- already been mapped
Zelda Collection: Ocarina of Time -- already being mapped
Zelda Collection: Majora's Mask
Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Lego Star Wars: The Video Game
Metroid Prime 1
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Pikmin 1
Pikmin 2
Tales of Symphonia

I know some of the Zelda games have been mapped already but I don't know about the rest of them.

If anyone of these games haven't already been mapped, then I'd like to put in a request for theese that haven't been mapped yet.

Thanks..

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
Re: Map Request For these GameCube games?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 11:37:03 am »
For starters, you have Ocarina of Time twice, and I'm definitely hitting Majora's Mask after OoT is done. And I believe Four Swords Adventures is currently being mapped as well.

Strictly in terms of rippability, Wind Waker is plausible, as is Twilight Princess, not to mention their minimaps (and literal maps in WW) could be easily ripped when found. Pikmin 1/2 are also plausible as well, but I'm unsure. Metroid Prime and Paper Mario, on the other hand, I don't believe are possible right now, and won't be possible for a while. Tales is uncertain as well, and I have no clue about Lego Star Wars.

But of course, people can always do custom maps of the games, like the ones on Trop's site. This may be your best bet for the last six games on your list.
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline Trop

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 01:01:59 pm »
Yeah I can make more maps that are more or less original creations:
https://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/Wii/index.htm#LegendOfZeldaTwilightPrincess
But they're not direct game rips.  Hell I can't even get direct graphics rips from PS1 right yet so who knows how long it will be before Wii becomes a possibility.

Offline magicbay

• this isn't me.. just a celeb i like..
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 05:16:42 pm »
As for me having ocarina twice is, even though it's the same game and all, it's because the first one is on a compilation disc comprising of Legend of Zelda, Zelda 2 Adventure of Link, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time regular and Master Quest.

I guess I just forgot that Ocarina of Time was on two totally different game systems as is Majora's Mask.

I can't wait to get all the maps for the games in my first post.

Offline Trop

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 05:33:23 pm »
4 Swords is GBA right?
... Wait a minute!  I did Metroid Prime already!  I did it to death, ripping the maps, marking them up, and ripping the music twice:
http://www.vgmapper.com/SysGC/M/MetroidPrime.html
http://www.vgmapper.com/SysWii/M/MetroidPrimeTrilogy.html
I've logged countless hours mapping Metroid Prime...

Say Peardian, I've seen Twilight Princess textures ripped:
http://www.textures-resource.com/wii_gamecube/LoZTP/
Do you know how they're doing this?  When You said this game is plausible did you mean ripping?

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 10:41:46 pm »
*whistles* Those are some nice Metroid Prime maps.

As for Four Swords...
-The Legend Of Zelda: Four Swords is for the GBA, bundled with the rerelease of A Link To The Past.  (Hey, look, I mapped the extra dungeon!)
-The Legend Of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures is for the GameCube, but can (and should!) be played in multiplayer using GBAs, by utilizing the GameCube-GBA cable.

PiranhaPlant has already started the latter.  The first (non-"Adventures") has some random dungeons, I seem to recall, but there must be something mappable.  Both of these are underrated Zelda games, so it would be nice to draw attention to them.

Not that we don't want maps of the mega-behemoth that is The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time, of course.  I'm sure those Ocarina Of Time maps will be handy when the 3DS remake comes out, but you can't rush these.  Still, it would be nice if Majora's Mask was mapped before a possible Majora's Mask 3D...  :P
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 10:43:16 pm by JonLeung »

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 10:41:48 am »
Do you know how they're doing this?  When You said this game is plausible did you mean ripping?
Yes I did. In fact, I have every Twilight Princess character model sitting around (no rigging though), so I'm guessing map rips are equally likely. I've seen model AND map rips of Wind Waker as well.
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!