Author Topic: What's the difference between 'Archived' and 'Closed'?  (Read 11458 times)

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

What's the difference between 'Archived' and 'Closed'?
« on: July 03, 2006, 02:31:33 pm »
(Topic) as in "This topic has been Archived. No more messages may be posted in it" and "This topic has been Closed. No more messages may be posted in it". (I've probably got those wrong, but, you know what I mean).

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: What's the difference between 'Archived' and 'Closed'?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 03:32:37 pm »
"Archived" means that it's been inactive for some time, and "Closed" means it's been voluntarily closed by the original user or a moderator/admin.

I told Inty to have the forums stop automatically archiving the topics.  I opened several that were already archived.  If you find any topics that are archived that I missed, let me know and I'll reopen them.

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

RE: What's the difference between 'Archived' and 'Closed'?
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 01:49:08 am »
So, basically "Archived" is like an "Automatically closed because no one posted for longer than the time limit" thing?

The last 'Archived' topic I remember, not that it's that important (you may have already opened this) was this one:

https://www.vgmaps.com/forums/index.php?topic=78

It's the one where it shows a video of some person dissing the DS, and praising the PSP, and then another video, where the same person is dissing the PSP and praising the DS. You know what I mean, beacuse, you started the topic, Jon.