Author Topic: "Weather Taskbars"  (Read 17274 times)

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

"Weather Taskbars"
« on: July 03, 2006, 09:29:18 am »
Does anyone know where I can get a 'Weather Taskbar' (you know, an icon in the task bar showing the current temperature), that shows the temperature of specifically Surrey, England? Or even more specifically, Oxted in Surrey, England?

Offline Revned

RE: "Weather Taskbars"
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 10:40:50 am »
If you had a Mac, you could use the built in weather widget <_<

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
RE: &quot;Weather Taskbars&quot;
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 10:43:46 am »
Be careful about those, alot of the extra toolbars are adware or spyware. Weatherbug is one in particular that I despise.

Does Weather.com offer weather predictions for your part of the world?

---

Cool beans

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 01:37:35 pm »
I've already been on that, but I wanted to have a 'Weather' icon on the taskbar. For example, a small icon representing the weather (a sun for "sunny", black cloud for "rainy/thundery", and next to it, the current temperature (in celsius/centigrade).

I tried downloading DesktopX Widgets from www.wincustomize.org, but every time I tried to change the location, nothing happened. I downloaded a 'Weather Taskbar', but it had at least 1,000 cities, but not one single English city was on there. The closest city to England that was on there was probably Dublin, Ireland.

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 05:13:47 am »
Speaking of 'The Weather', Michael Fish made his last weather report in about August 2004, and retired then, right? So, how come he's been doing weather reports for the last 3 days as far as I know, nearly 2 years after "retirement"?

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 08:23:24 am »
No extra toolbars for me, I'm paranoid about spywares and viruses enough as it is.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 11:22:58 am »
I pity you people ;)

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 11:09:08 am »
No one answered by question:

Michael Fish made his last weather report in about August 2004, and retired then, right? So, how come he's been doing weather reports for the last 3 days as far as I know, nearly 2 years after "retirement"?

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 11:22:38 am »
Sorry, who's Michael Fish?  I only know local weather people at most.

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2006, 02:14:01 am »
Well, does anyone here remember "The Great Storm Of 1987" which hit most of the South/South East of England? If you do, you may, vaguely remember this quote: "Earlier on today, apparently, a woman rang the BBC and said she heard there was a hurricane on the way? well, if you're watching, don't worry, there isn't."

That was Michael Fish who said that (and it turned out he was referring to California or something, and NOT the 'Great Storm of 1987', and technically it wasn't a "Hurricane" but a "Tropical Windstorm").

That should ring a few bells as to who Michael Fish is. Oh, and he's 62 years old, and was born on the 27th April 1944.

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2006, 09:58:15 am »
Ok, well, I have not a clue. Though in 1987 I was too busy playing NES instead of caring about the world of news. I suppose there's some articles on the guy on the Internet. . .

---

Cool beans

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2006, 02:16:05 pm »
Wikipedia always seems to have the answers...

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2006, 02:33:37 pm »
Actually, that's exactly where I got that quote from. It says that "Michael Fish making his last BBC Weather forecast on 6th October 2004" under a picture of him doing just that.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2006, 02:36:14 pm »
Except that, as you say, he seems to be back.

DUN DUN DUNNN!!!