General Boards > Maps In Progress

FlyingArmor's Map Projects Present and Future

(1/38) > >>

FlyingArmor:
Inspired by Peardian's thread, here is where my current and future mapping projects will be organized from now on. Also, I plan on this thread being a dumping ground of sorts for various maps I've done where I don't plan on mapping the rest of the game.

Current Projects:
Dragon Quest VI (SFC)
Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes (PC-98)
Exodus: Ultima III (PC)
Final Fantasy VII (PSX) -- World Map
Ultima: Quest of the Avatar (NES)

Completed Projects:
Paladin's Quest (SNES)
Lufia & The Fortress of Doom (SNES)
Ultima VI: The False Prophet (SNES)
Final Fantasy VI (SNES)
Lennus II (SFC)
Dragon Quest V (SFC)
Dragon Quest I & II (SFC)
Final Fantasy IV (SFC) - Japanese Version
Final Fantasy IV (SNES) - North American Version
Final Fantasy V (SFC)
Aretha (SFC) - Overworld
Mr. Chin's Gourmet Paradise (GB)
GD Leen/Gadyurin (SFC)
Silva Saga II (SFC)
Brain Lord (SNES) - Collaboration with Tropicon
Final Fantasy III (FC)
Final Fantasy VII (PSX)
Daedalian Opus (GB)
Bouken! Puzzle Road (GB)
Light Fantasy (SFC)
Aighina no Yogen (FC)
Legend of the Ghost Lion (NES)
Star Trek: The Next Generation: Future's Past (SNES)
Clue (SNES)
Ganbare Goemon Gaiden: Kieta Ougon Kiseru (FC) - Overworld
Snow Bros. (NES)
Golf (NES)
Shinseiki Odysselya (SFC)
Dragon Warrior II (NES)
Q*Bert (NES)
Legacy of the Wizard (NES)
Popeye (NES)
Phantasy Star II (GEN)
Ultima VI: The False Prophet (PC)
Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar (PC)
Nox Archaist (Apple II) - Overworld
Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar (C64)
The Addams Family: Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt (SNES)
Hydlide (NES)
Lufia: The Legend Returns (GBC)

Future Projects:
Deathlord (C64)
Ihatovo Monogatari (SFC)
Light Fantasy II (SFC)
Otaku no Seiza: An Adventure In The Otaku Galaxy (FC)
Questron (C64)
The Screamer (PC-88)
Secret of Mana (SNES)
Ultima I: The First Age of Darkness (PC)
Ultima V: Warriors of Destiny (PC)

More detailed information for each project will follow soon.

FlyingArmor:
Final Fantasy VI (SNES)

All that's left is the Lete River and Kefka's Tower. Now that Anime North is over with, I've got a lot more time on my hands so I can get back to working on these. Maybe I can get them both finished by the end of June? :)

Ultima VI: The False Prophet (SNES) - Britannia

I have all the mapping done for this. The final size ended up being 16272 x 16416 pixels! I still need to go over it one more time just to make sure I included all the rafts that are scattered everywhere. I'm not sure if I want to include all the reagents that can be found in the wilderness though... it may be more work than it's worth. Plus they tend to appear and disappear from time to time (the Blood Moss near Iolo's Hut does this for instance) so it may be better to leave them off.

One problem I have though is that because the map is so big, I can't run PNGOUT on it to shrink the file size (currently at 14 MB as a PNG). I'd need a whole lot more RAM than I've got at the moment (1 GB). Plus with the Photoshop I use, whenever I save a file as PNG, it applies gamma corrections to the colours, so they end up being much darker than they're supposed to be. If that wasn't a problem, I'd have no problem sending in the map at 14 MB.

So I was wondering if anyone would be generous enough to try and shrink it down on their computer? :)

Dragon Quest V (SFC) - World Map

I'm only planning on mapping the overworld (mainly because I haven't played this game all the way to the end). It's about 80% complete so far.

Star Trek: The Next Generation: Future's Past (SNES)

This isn't an active project, just something I like to work on from time to time. I mainly started it because I was having trouble finding all the trapped miners on Orientis Gamma IIIB. :D I have the Derelict Ship level almost finished, so that'll be part of the updates for this weekend.

Lufia: The Legend Returns (GBC)

This is what I will be working on in earnest after Final Fantasy VI. The randomized dungeons will definitely help cut down on the amount of mapping I will need to do. ;) Plus I really like the look of the graphics, so it will definitely be a lot of fun to work on!

Trop:
Ooo, Ultima 6.  Can't wait.

Troy Lundin:
I'll shrink the world map down for Ultima. I have 16 gigs in my rig.

FlyingArmor:
Ah, thanks so much, Troy. :D I'll send it your way once I'm done checking it over.

So yesterday I managed to finish off the Dragon Quest V overworld map. It's a bit bigger than the typical 4096 x 4096 world map, and would probably look better at that size, but I was going by what the Wayfarer's Map in the game indicated for finding the edges of the world, so I decided to go with accuracy rather than siding with aesthetics in this particular case.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version