Author Topic: My Name is Ian  (Read 9476 times)

Offline LTIan

My Name is Ian
« on: August 02, 2012, 09:05:53 pm »
Hello, my name is Ian Andrew Neumann.

But please, call me Ian for short.

I came to this forum to request a bunch of maps, mainly Mario-related, sometimes maybe Looney Tunes.

But anyways, it's good to be here on the forum. :)

Offline ozzy88

Re: My Name is Ian
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 03:52:04 am »
Welcome to VGmaps Ian!

If nobody wants to make the maps you are suggesting, then I suggest you start looking into how to make them yourself. There is quite a few people here that would be able to help you out with problems you might run into and also there are some great tips already on the forum.

Offline TerraEsperZ

Re: My Name is Ian
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 05:39:12 pm »
Welcome to the forum Ian!

I kinda feel bad repeating this to every newcomer making a request, but it's better to get rid of any expectations you might have right away... We're not really a "request" type of forum despite the name, which should really be substituted with "suggestions". Many people will appear on the board to request fully detailed complete map sets for big games like RPGs and such but those can take a lot of time to do (not only days, but weeks or months). That, and most regulars here tend to already have our own projects going on taking our time so any big requests, provided they are even accepted by anyone, could take a long time to be done. Requests for a small number of specific maps for older (i.e. easier to map) systems are much more likely to be fulfilled, provided a mapper already knows the game or you manage to get someone interested in it.

Yeah, I realize that's probably not what you want to hear but that's where *you* come in. Considering just how many games out there still haven't been mapped, we're always in need of new blood so to speak and we're always ready to help you give it a try. We don't have much in the way of tutorials (aside from Peardian's incredible Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop) since we've all mostly learned from trial and error but don't hesitate to ask for help :)

If that hasn't scared you off the board yet, then you're welcome to hang around and geek out with us!
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)