Author Topic: Street Fighter X Mega Man  (Read 33796 times)

Offline Revned

Re: Street Fighter X Mega Man
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2012, 07:15:26 pm »
Yes, it was just screen shots.

Offline Revned

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2013, 10:07:46 pm »
(Hijacking this thread for mapping updates)

TenguMan emailed me after my previous posts and told me that I can go ahead with these maps. I told him that I would probably be slow at it, so I'd let him go ahead if he'd like. But since he hasn't posted any more maps, I'm going to proceed. Here are four more maps:

Jon - please wait to post these until I email you the complete set. I've just noticed that I didn't update my headers for the new year :)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 10:13:03 pm by Revned »

Offline Revned

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 07:31:01 pm »
Last three of the "Robot Masters":

« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 06:46:52 pm by Revned »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 11:14:31 pm »
You're missing a room in Dhalsim's stage, where you go right at the very beginning, instead of left.  It would make that stage a perfect rectangle (and though I guess Chun Li's is too), I seem to recall that's unusual for Mega Man maps.

Offline Revned

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 06:48:34 pm »
Fixed. Can't believe I missed that. I guess the giant arrow was obvious enough that I didn't even try going right.

You're right, it is unusual. The level design in general is obviously not consistent with the real games. That doesn't automatically make them bad, but it does raise flags. I also noticed lots of tiny engine differences, but they were mostly things that you wouldn't actually notice while playing.

I don't know if I'll be able to get to the last few maps for awhile. I'm busy this weekend and traveling for work most of the following week.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 06:50:53 pm by Revned »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2013, 07:03:57 pm »

Offline Revned

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2013, 06:10:13 pm »
Excellent. Passwords should definitely make the last few stages easier to map.

Offline Revned

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2013, 12:10:05 am »
Finished, and the maps are now up on the site.

The headers for the last few were interesting, because I didn't have any sort of portrait to use, unlike all of the other maps in the other games so far. I usually used the Wily logos or similar, but there isn't really anything like that in this game. I settled for zoomed in faces of the bosses, which I thought actually fit pretty well with the game, since the special attacks do just that.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2013, 01:25:53 pm »
Awesome work on this, Revned.  As expected from the guy who's mapped all the other NES (and NES-style) Mega Man games.

Kind of sad that the "Grand Master" stages aren't designed with much variety, like, say, any other Mega Man's Wily stages...

Oh, hey, what about Sagat?  And I thought "Seth's Lab" was called something like "Unknown Laboratory" in Street Fighter IV; shouldn't it have the same name here?

Offline Revned

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2013, 02:30:55 pm »
Sagat is in M. Bison's stage, in the same screen as M. Bison. I didn't include him because it would just add clutter, and he's not really a regular part of the stage. Also, I guess it's fair to say that I mapped v1 and not v2.

I don't play Street Fighter, so I don't know what it's called. I just saw a couple of people online referring to the stage as "Seth's Lab", so I went with that....