Author Topic: Mother 3  (Read 14707 times)

Offline Dan

Mother 3
« on: April 20, 2006, 05:03:55 pm »
So yeah, the game is out now in Japan.  Anyone else been following this like I have?  As in, checking Itoi's (translated) website everyday for new gifts, and perusing Starmen.net every other day for Mother 3-related updates.  

Offline Dan

RE: Mother 3
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 05:04:37 pm »
Oh noes, I cannot edit that.  Well, I guess I need more exp or whatever to activate HTML linking and/or BB code.  

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 09:37:49 pm »
Explain the opening to me, because I can't read Japanese.

The main character gets up.  Tries to leave his house.  His mom makes him get dressed so that he can leave now.  Talk to some old guy.  Walk over, where a friend shows you how to kick a dinosaur.  o_0

After a few kicks of the T-Rex that likes to play dead (actually, I think it's also a dash but it's like a kick when you do it right next to something), a big ant comes up.  Then you fight the ant?

Then aliens attack?  What?

Actually don't explain it, it's funnier this way.  *kicks dinosaurs*

Offline Dan

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 12:49:35 pm »
I would explain it, but I don't know a word of Japanese -_-

However, maybe this can comfort you as it has me.

[22:36:41] <reidman> the reason we don't want people screwing around with crappy fan translation patches right now is this

[22:37:02] <reidman> we have good reason to believe that mother 3 is being considered for release in america

[22:37:17] <reidman> we can't say why or how

[22:37:25] <reidman> but if it happens

[22:37:30] <reidman> and that's still a big 'if'

[22:37:37] <reidman> starmen.net will DEFINITELY have played a role

[22:37:41] <reidman> and thats the coolest news i've heard in 7 years

From reidman's state of the website IRC meeting last night.  reidman being the web master of Starmen.net.

Offline Dan

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 10:19:52 pm »
Sorry if double posting is a capital crime (which I doubt), but I'm gonna keep this thread updated on Mother 3 info as I read it :D.  In case you haven't noticed, I'm really hoping for an English release.

Anyway, in the April 06 Weekly Famitsu, Mother 3 was recorded as being the number one most wanted game.    As a matter of fact, it has been in that spot since the March 09 edition!  Source:  http://starmen.net/mother3/rankings/

(Most of my sources will be Starmen.net, as it is a very comprehensive fansite </plug>)

Offline Dan

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 05:07:35 pm »
Another update:  The Uber Project 5001 is now underway, which is supposedly related to reidman's former announcement 2 posts up.  Basically Starmen.net wants people to take pics and submit scans showing proof of Mother's popularity here in America, as well as Starmen.net's.  

Anyone here with anything that can help out is strongly encouraged to participate!

Offline Dan

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 05:08:08 pm »