Author Topic: Paper Mario Titles (Peardian)  (Read 11008 times)

Offline Fo Shizzle

Paper Mario Titles (Peardian)
« on: May 25, 2013, 08:43:56 pm »
I know the original Paper Mario for the N64 has all of the maps for the game, but what about the other Paper Mario titles? (i.e., Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Super Paper Mario). I made this topic exclusively for Peardian, he's an awesome Paper Mario map maker!

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
Re: Paper Mario Titles (Peardian)
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 01:17:36 am »
I'd love to if I had the chance, but right now the technology to do it just isn't quite there yet. I'd be able to rip maybe a few props or something, but not entire areas. Things turn out all skewed and oddly angled, which is the worst thing you can have for 3D mapping outside of the models being completely flattened (like in SPM's 2D mode).
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline Fo Shizzle

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 05:49:07 pm »
Well... will there ever be a time when you can actually make the maps? Possibly in the near future? How did you make the original Paper Mario maps?

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 06:06:59 pm »
Impossible to tell. I was only able to map the first game because N64 model rippers are better at keeping the models free from skewing.

Offline Raccoon Sam

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 01:00:51 am »
Let it be known that Retriever II has done extensive work in forms of documentation and tools regarding Paper Mario and its two sequels.
His (public?) stuff is here, but not organized very awesomely. Check the 'pm' folders and everything with a prefix of 'pm' or 'pm2' or whatever.

Don't quote me on it but he might have a level viewer.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 04:23:30 pm »
Last I saw (years and years ago) he was able to view Fracktail's unposed model and all of the vertices for the first room of Rogueport. I have no idea if he made more progress on it, though.