Author Topic: Mega Man 4 Graph - ix  (Read 9277 times)

Offline vorpal86

Mega Man 4 Graph - ix
« on: August 11, 2014, 08:24:08 pm »
This is just a little something I was into a while back. A Mega Man 4 Graph - Fix Game Maker project. I re-hanced into the 16bit style 4 (but didn't finish any of the other) tilesets as I wanted to make Mega Man 4,5 and 6 in the vein of Wiley Wars. My programming skills were lacking so I lost interest.

Here is a demo that mostly includes just running through the levels to test the maps out using the 16 remade tilesets. My personal and proudest level is the Toad Man's Level.

Pharoa Man's level is playable with at least 2 pickups in it that don't do anything other than let you run through the 16 style of Mega Man 4. Pharaoa Man's Den and he himself is in there.
Ring Man's level isnt playable but you can start the level.
Toad Mans level was mapped out all the way to the end but no boss.

Skull Man's tileset is complete as well. I've added at least two nice scrolling BG's to all 4 of those levels. (4 including Skull man') Basically you're just running through site seeing. :)

This came to mind to as am in the Process of replicating toad Man's level using the 16 style tilesets to post as a VGMap spoof level similar to the Kid Ikarus Spoof Game delima from way back.

I think I gave up this project a ways back due to lack of GM knowledge and interest. Since it's copyrighted material from Capcom and I just wanted to see something like Wily Wars 1 part 2 which include enhanced remakes of MM4, 5 and 6 as well, I somehow feel I'm doing something wrong even though the enhancement is my own. :( Too bad we lost the Anniversary GB edition of Mega Man. That would have been the bomb!

At any rate, feel free to play/run through the levels to see what I did get done. Maybe a spark of interest will befall me in the future. I'd need some motivation, a programmer and some help.

It's a Rar file with the GM executable in it. I did the same thing for Mario INSPIRED Tilesets. I created all those from scratch. I have also included those which I can say for certain are 100% my own creation. There are lots of them. Each including 3 scrolling BG's!

Enjoy and ket me know how your Sight Seeing went! : D

12MB - RAR

It would help iffin' I posted a link. If not allowed just inform me.

MM4 and Mario Doodles (GM)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8790902/gameprojects/01_gm-TilesetProjects.rar
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 08:43:21 pm by vorpal86 »

Offline tylerkendo

Re: Mega Man 4 Graph - ix
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 04:43:06 am »
Thank you for the fix man :)

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 10:24:46 pm »
I gave it a try and it's not bad for a Game Maker project. The graphics are very good but it's hard to see this becoming a full remake considering how much left there is to do in terms of control, collision detection, weapons, enemies, etc. It's still a lot more than I could ever achieve.
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline vorpal86

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 08:52:24 pm »
I gave it a try and it's not bad for a Game Maker project. The graphics are very good but it's hard to see this becoming a full remake considering how much left there is to do in terms of control, collision detection, weapons, enemies, etc. It's still a lot more than I could ever achieve.

Yes most of it is just to Show Off the new map art. A while back in Stencyl before it became incompatible we had a 99% working MM engine I was gonna use but after the new version arose, nothing in the engine functioned like it did previously. It's not too bad though, I've found a MM engine by Blyka that's fully functional and very nicely done made with GM7 but the tile sizes are 16x16 but it could work just fine.

http://blyka.legends-station.com/?page=examples

I'm at least glad you guys tried it out. I use to have much more motivation than I do now. Alas...
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 08:52:44 pm by vorpal86 »