General Boards > Map Gab

Marble-Man Marble Madness 2

(1/7) > >>

GHS:
I'm thinking about doing a Marble Madness 2 map compiled from a video since there is no emulation.
I have attempted to contact Scott Evans the owner of the MM2 machines through his youtube site. So now I'm waiting for a reply.
If anyone know a better way to contact him let me know.

What do all of you think, wast of time or worth a try?

I found a youtube vid of some levels that I compiled in to 3 maps. the video was low quality.

TerraEsperZ:
Marble Madness is a game that I loved so much (the NES version that is), I was always sad that it was so short, and that it never got a sequel. I know game players always craved innovation, but I feel that the concept could have made for hundreds of fun and challenging levels.

Regarding the sequel, it's yet one more unreleased game that is, to this day, lost to the public. It would be great if you got a reply that could lead to a ROM dump being made public or something like that. At this point in time, nobody benefits from a prototype remaining in the hands of a single person (except that person I guess). I wish you luck in getting a positive response.

JonLeung:
My question is, why has it not been emulated yet?

If it seems unlikely that it will ever be (though why, I don't understand at the moment), and this is the only means we have of seeing the maps, go for it.

This would probably not be categorized as either "ripped" or "original", but rather as "captured", like in my Resident Evil maps which were probably among the first maps I ever made, but as you can see, it was kind of a crappy capture card.  Its categorization is a minor point, though.

I suppose any exposure, little as it is, would add more to the overall global interest level in this game (however much or little it currently is), that it might eventually lead to finding a dump and/or a more direct means of mapping it.  Though if it is ever cleanly mapped, I think I would have to replace these video captures.

Remember how a few years ago, TenguMan mapped a few stages of Mega Man 9 by recreating tiles that he saw from gameplay videos before the game was released?  Impressive as his recreation was, his maps were eventually replaced by Revned's cleaner direct rips.  That's how I imagine these would be, but until that direct means is possible, I can certainly accept captures.

GHS:
so far no answer :(
I just sent an email to the CAX (California Extreme "Classic Arcade Games Show") since Scott  is a member and take his machines there.
Lets see if they will get me in contact with him.
Wish me luck! :-\

GHS:
I got a reply from CAX. they said they would foreword my message to Scott but still no answer. It will probably take some time because they say he is very busy.

In the meantime I will update the maps for Cadash arcade.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version