Author Topic: Super Ghouls n' Ghosts Stage1 - Update  (Read 13291 times)

Offline vorpal86

Super Ghouls n' Ghosts Stage1 - Update
« on: July 19, 2008, 05:44:01 pm »
Here is an updated sGnG Stage1 Map with the excited Arthur removed, the door closed and the monster name omitted. This one can replace the current one. The same name has been kept. The file size is now 396kb. All else is the same.

I'm not currently working on Stage2 or anything yet until I finish up Gargoyle's Quest II. I'm about 75% finished. sGnG Stage 2 will be tricky considering the ship stage is often changing. I'll need to figure out a plan to map it. Any suggestions on it would be appreciated.

Removed broken link.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 02:39:29 pm by vorpal86 »

Offline Will

RE: Spr Ghouls n Ghosts Stage1 - Update
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 09:50:03 pm »
Begin your Stage 2 map, by ripping first the background and get as much of it as you can, the background will stop at the raft that you drop down to the second area of the stage. If the background doesn't fill enough of the shipwreck area, simply elongate the overall background you captured by copying bits and pieces of them and pasting them adjacent to where it ends to make it look like its part of the background. Once you finished the background, you can seperately rip and map the shipwrecks with the riggings, guillotines and everything. Mapping all the shipwrecks, is going to take a lot of climbing and falling, but within the next few weeks after starting you shall definitely be doing fine.

Offline vorpal86

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 07:09:50 pm »
Thanks for the tips. For my level 1 map I disabled the distant bg cause I thought it looked cleaner to understand and it actually helped to make the map easier. I was gonna do the same with Stage 2. I'll prolly HAVE to do bits and pieces as you say.

Maybe, to map the ship wrecks separately, I can use my SNES game atlas as a guide to see what goes where. I think that guide has lv2 mapped out in it.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 02:03:20 pm »
A big obstacle in mapping stage 2 is that since the ships start sinking soon after boarding them, it's likely that a part of their bottom section might never be visible since it would already be under water. That would be tough to resolve unless you have access to some memory hacks.

---

Current projects: Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Bucky O'Hare (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline vorpal86

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 10:16:58 pm »
Hey ye all'. I dabbled with SGnG Stage two Shipwreck and did a rough map of it. I admit though, I had to use an unlimited jump and invincibility to do it though. This allowed me to quickly get to places of the ship that would otherwise already be sunk, and to map them quick. Here is the quickie. It took me about 1 1/2 hour to toss together. It still needs a lot of touching up,and the last part of the second level where the boss is.

I disabled the main BG layer cause it sort of messed up the mapping since it shifted up and down separately and faster than the actual ship.. It seems i may have to do that last, then copy the FG into the BG as a transparent image so it overlaps the BG. How's it looking so far? As far as I can tell, this is how the ship looks before it sinks, aside from the noticeable pole underwater between the front and back where Arthur is jumping in at.

Removed broken link
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 02:34:40 pm by vorpal86 »

Offline vorpal86

Re: Spr Ghouls n Ghosts Stage1 - Update
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 02:39:00 pm »
With the help of Will and RyuMaster this game has all maps. This should be the whole game but if not someone tell how so!

I finally sent in Stage 2 of Super Ghouls n' Ghosts all complete with bg.

Thanks!