Author Topic: Something (possibly) from VGMaps spotted at E3...  (Read 10433 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Something (possibly) from VGMaps spotted at E3...
« on: June 16, 2016, 05:57:21 pm »

Cute to get proposed to at E3 since the couple are Natsume fans.  But do you notice something that might have been from VGMaps.com there?  Maybe?

Offline FlyingArmor

Re: Something (possibly) from VGMaps spotted at E3...
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 06:04:48 pm »
Heheh, that's a pretty interesting application of a Zelda map. Next step for VGMaps: textiles!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 06:26:22 pm »
Now there have been a number of rips of A Link To The Past's two worlds, but many of them try to fill in the missing parts of Hyrule Castle in the Light World or do something with the sky around the Pyramid in the Dark World.

On her dress, just like on the map on VGMaps.com, there is nothing above the Pyramid.

In the upper-left corner of the river that almost serves as a moat, you can see a couple tiles-worth of water before the dark rectangle. On her dress, it's just barely visible behind the blue feather, but you can see it's there too!

It's too bad the upper-right corner of the Misery Mire swamp area is covered by a fold in her dress, the obvious corner which some people fill in with trees to be more aesthetic would have made it more obvious.
Alex Foster made that map. The Light World is what I would have really loved to see, though - it was the first map I ever made for VGMaps.com (which now has over 34000). I even printed it out and framed it. I should get around to printing the Dark World and putting it in an opposite-coloured frame...

Offline vorpal86

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 07:54:41 pm »
I like the shirt and the fact it's getting together happy time for gamers! She's gonna cry! It's always good to have a partner that supports your need to game!

The shirt does infact reminisce of vgpams.. heh :)