Author Topic: YouTube channel! (JonLeung1)  (Read 86789 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: YouTube channel! (JonLeung1)
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2019, 04:53:58 pm »

Here's my look at The SNES Omnibus: The Super Nintendo And Its Games by Brett Weiss!  It's actually two volumes.  Together, they are the second of at least four publications that seek to cover the Super NES library.  Be sure to subscribe and I'll get to them all, as well as other geeky stuff, of course.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2019, 09:48:33 pm »

This is one of those videos that feels cursed because of the seemingly new but ridiculous challenges that went into making this.  But anyway, it's done.  It's my vlog of the Edmonton (Comic & Entertainment) Expo 2019, where me and my brother got to meet Felicia Day (The Guild, Geek & Sundry, Supernatural), Jason David Frank (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, other Power Rangers series), Robin Lord Taylor (Gotham), and has an opening and closing by Veronica Taylor (original voice of Ash Ketchum on Pokémon).  Please check it out so my effort feels worth it, and please subscribe!  I'm not at 1000 subscribers yet (which I need for monetization :P).
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 08:58:32 am by JonLeung »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2020, 06:55:54 pm »

In the biggest and best episode (so far!) of The Geek Fiction Multiverse, by way of "Six Degrees Of Separation" with Mario, I explain how the first Fighters Pass characters in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate already have connections to the "Nintendoverse" even without Super Smash Bros.!  Also, I take on some requested challenges from viewers of previous episodes!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2020, 07:11:44 pm »

I review the "Super Nintendo Anthology", which is yet another "Anthology" book from Geeks-Line Publishing, and also yet another book that looks at the whole Super NES library.  Is the book as great as it sounds?

Offline Lerion

« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2020, 03:58:48 am »
Great channel, thank you for sharing. I've subscribed  ;)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2020, 01:15:17 pm »
Great channel, thank you for sharing. I've subscribed  ;)

Thank you!  People don't seem to reply in this topic, but I'm happy to hear from people.  Would like more feedback about if my videos are of interest to anyone and maybe what more I can fix or focus on.  Have been doing this for three and a half years yet I don't feel like I've made much progress.  Of course, I have a full-time job as well as VGMaps.com, so it's not like I expect to be able to do this full-time and actually for a living, but I would hope to have 1000 subscribers eventually.  Still in the 300s...

Got a new one today - it's been months in the making (years if you count figuring out scheduling with friends) for multiple reasons I won't get into... but I hope it is worth it!  I hope to be able to put out the "Games About Games" stuff more frequently, but that will likely require simpler games where I don't need everyone at the same time...

Anyway, in the newest and biggest episode of "Games About Games", my friends do the "Video Game Box Art Paper Telephone Challenge"!  Can they guess which video games the box art is from after describing and redrawing it?

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2020, 05:33:34 am »

This latest video is of a time-lapse build of LEGO set 71374: Nintendo Entertainment System!  The NES is fairly accurate and the TV has a mechanically scrolling screen showing a Super Mario Bros. scene.

It took a long time to edit - the time-lapse was a challenge, and really tasked my computer.  But I'm really pleased with how it came out.  Please watch it in 4K (once that resolution is available)...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2020, 07:49:31 pm »

How did I forget to post this the other day?  Here's the follow-up of the LEGO NES - the LEGO Super Mario: Adventures With Mario Starter Course and two Expansion Sets.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2020, 07:51:51 pm »

Happy 24th anniversary to the Nintendo 64!  I don't normally do gameplay videos on my semi-gaming channel, but I thought someone might get a kick at seeing me struggle with "Tower Of The Wing Cap" in Super Mario 64 (though on the Super Mario 3D All-Stars collection on the Switch).  I couldn't seem to get all eight Red Coins in a single pass which means looping back around to get them, but that means almost zero room for error.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2020, 06:49:40 pm »

I've got some more of my own original content in the pipeline, but with the return of Animaniacs yesterday, I decided to do a quick edit of the opening to include all the word gags for this first reboot season.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2021, 07:25:52 am »

Back to my own original content, here's a comparison of four Super NES books that claim to cover all of the Super NES games!  Which one is the best?

(This video took a long time to make, so I hope it's worth the wait!)  I also realize that I could do a NES one, as well...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2021, 08:35:39 pm »

Yet another Super NES book?  Embarrassingly, when I was working on that previous video, Chris Scullion's book "The SNES Encyclopedia" got released.  So I got around to reviewing that too, and then compared it to all the previously reviewed books.  See if I like the fun facts and British humour... and some Virtual Boy, too!

That should do it for the Super NES encyclopedia-style books for now.  I have more interesting videos in the works!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2021, 09:12:49 pm »

Just got to 500 subscribers!  Meant to do this idea I'd had since at least as far back as last summer: a video taking Daft Punk's "Technologic" and replacing some verbs with more common video game actions.  Would have been a good fit to release around Daft Punk's split last month if I knew it was coming...  How many video games can you recognize, and can you spot the five "alternate takes" that appear only once?

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2021, 09:53:44 pm »

Now for something not-so-Nintendo-related: my review of "Coin-Op: The Arcade Guide", by Darren Doyle, published by Greyfox Books.  I decided to utilize my green screen fully for this one, hope it looks all right.  Some of you arcade fans *coughGeorgescough* might be interested in a book like this!

Also, this was the last video I made before my eyelift - hopefully I'll be more handsome in the next video!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2021, 09:58:08 am »

Another Nintendo-related book review!  It's Geeks-Line Publishing's NES Anthology!  I loved all their other books (N64, GameCube, Super NES), so will I love this one based on the revered NES?

I did three new things here:
1. I got a new microphone.
2. I put in proper subtitles.
3. I waited until the 4K version was processed before publishing it.

Am I professional yet?