Author Topic: YouTube channel! (JonLeung1)  (Read 88044 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: YouTube channel! (JonLeung1)
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2023, 05:15:54 am »

Forgot to mention that yesterday, Saturday, the third episode of "Jon 'N Jason In Japan" was released.

In this one, we ride the Shinkansen to Tokyo, and then my brother seeks out some Pokémon stores.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2023, 10:12:16 am »

New episode of my Japan series is now up; this time it's for Day Four, our first full day in Tokyo.

Gamers might get a kick out of the video game-related food in this one, as it includes the Kirby Café, Pikachu Sweets by Pokémon Cafe, and Artnia Square-Enix with some Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy eats.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2023, 10:25:28 am »

Time for another episode of "Jon 'N Jason In Japan"!  My brother and I go to Yokohama to check out the giant Gundam and visit the Hakkeijima Sea Paradise, then return to Tokyo to see the iconic Shibuya Scramble Crossing and then dissolve some bears into soup at Kumachan Onsen.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2023, 10:19:57 am »

This week's episode of "Jon 'N Jason In Japan" will appeal to gamers, as my brother and I shop at Nintendo Tokyo, the Capcom Store, and Pokémon Centers, and eat at the Pokémon Café.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2023, 10:43:42 am »

In this week's episode of "Jon 'N Jason In Japan", my brother and I try to see Mt. Fuji from the most photographed spot in all of Japan, the famous Chureito Pagoda in Fujiyoshida.  Then in Tokyo, we spot Godzilla and eat at the 2D Cafe, and have conveyor belt sushi at Kura Sushi.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2023, 10:13:49 am »

In the eighth episode of "Jon 'N Jason In Japan", my brother and I go to Tokyo Disney to check out Tokyo DisneySea.  (It's a short episode, but episodes nine and ten coming up are the longest and best!)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2023, 11:01:56 am »

In the ninth and penultimate episode of "Jon 'N Jason In Japan" (which is one of the longest and best, IMO), my brother and I check out the man-made island of Odaiba and the geek paradise of Akihabara.  Gamers and otakus will like this episode!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: December 23, 2023, 10:48:51 am »

In the tenth/final/longest/my favourite episode of "Jon 'N Jason In Japan", Jason and I go on a Harajuku Food Tour with Japan byFood! Can you guess why I like it?

Now that the series is complete, have you watched every episode of our Japan vlogging?

Offline G.E.R.

« Reply #98 on: December 27, 2023, 02:32:19 am »
I've been watched all videos and I have several questions.
You visited many restaurants of japanese kitchen, are there such cafe/restaurants in USA/Canada where cooking exactly the same dishes as you eated in Japan? Fully "japanese kitchen" not "something similar".
What is the Sonic exposition on ninth episode? Is this a theme stand or gaming zone?

And I saw the plush Kirby with rabbit's cap, but I don't remember that ability on Kirby's games. What game is this ability from?

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: December 27, 2023, 01:52:47 pm »
I've been watched all videos and I have several questions.
You visited many restaurants of japanese kitchen, are there such cafe/restaurants in USA/Canada where cooking exactly the same dishes as you eated in Japan? Fully "japanese kitchen" not "something similar".
What is the Sonic exposition on ninth episode? Is this a theme stand or gaming zone?
And I saw the plush Kirby with rabbit's cap, but I don't remember that ability on Kirby's games. What game is this ability from?

Regarding the Japanese restaurants, I have had Japanese food here in Canada, but I don't really know if I can tell you which ones are truly authentic.  Some of them certainly look like they could be, like Izakaya Tomo.  I tried searching on Google Maps for "authentic Japanese restaurant", but I think it's just pulling up any Japanese restaurants in the area.  You'll probably just have to check with the descriptions and reviews at the ones in your city, I don't eat out enough to tell you for sure which ones.  (And as for the other cool restaurants, like character cafés, I definitely haven't seen those around here in Canada.)

In the ninth episode, the sign with Sonic at 22:01 refers to "Joypolis", the Sega arcade that my brother and I go to starting at 22:48.  The Sonic The Hedgehog thing seen inside is the current theme for the "Geki-On Live Coaster" ride/game where we have to hit the buttons to match the beat of the music from the Sonic games while riding the roller coaster.  Is that what you are referring to, or is there some other Sonic thing in that episode that I forgot about?

I didn't even notice the Kirby with the rabbit ears, or if I did, I didn't think much of it.  I am not aware of Kirby with rabbit ears in any of his games, or I just can't recall, as he's worn all kinds of hats and headgear in his many adventures!  A quick Google Images search isn't bringing up any results that are from a game, but there certainly are many plushes of Kirby wearing them!  It must be some cute thing that has become popular but maybe hasn't - or hasn't yet? - appeared in a game...

Thanks for watching all of my Japan videos!  I am hoping they get more views, as travel videos seem to do well on YouTube... but mine haven't picked up much steam...  I changed the thumbnail of the tenth episode today to see if Shizuka's pretty face will draw more clicks than when I had a big question mark over her mosaiced face, trying to draw in curious people...

I'll be back to making video game-related content soon!

Offline G.E.R.

« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2023, 01:47:28 am »
Perhaps that this Kirby's ability will appear in a next game?

Go to starting at 22:48

A small note, but Roof Top Run level in the video only for PS3/XBOX360 version, not for Wii/PS2.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2023, 10:19:35 am »

Now that my "Jon 'N Jason In Japan" series is done, it's time to get to clearing out the backlog of other videos in my editing queue, before they are no longer timely.  Thankfully, I got the Edmonton Expo 2023 video done before the end of the year...  Phew! It's the first expo we've been to in a while! Met Morena Baccarin, John Rhys-Davies, Carl Weathers, and Giancarlo Esposito!

Offline Grizzly

« Reply #102 on: January 05, 2024, 08:59:11 am »
I finished watching the Japan vlog series today. I liked them very much. Very great musical selection, so much content flowing together by the great editing and it was just so much fun to watch them. Thank you for creating this series. :)
I think day 10 was easily my highlight just by how the longer like-one-take interaction scenes made me feel as if I was there with you in these spots.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2024, 09:08:05 am »
I finished watching the Japan vlog series today. I liked them very much. Very great musical selection, so much content flowing together by the great editing and it was just so much fun to watch them. Thank you for creating this series. :)
I think day 10 was easily my highlight just by how the longer like-one-take interaction scenes made me feel as if I was there with you in these spots.

Thank you for the compliments, Grizzly!  Sometimes when I'm staring at video timelines while editing and having to rewatch the footage over and over, I forget how interesting it might be to someone else who's seeing it fresh, or I'm overthinking and recalling all the other ways that I could have edited it.  I'd like to think I'm steadily improving, but I can never really know how people will like the editing, or the content in general.  Thank you for commenting on the musical selection, I provided the names of all tracks I used because I hope people will notice that most of the songs I chose for the situation based on the name of the track besides how it fits, musically.

Day 10 is also my favourite because I got to hang out with someone cool!  It was nice to be able to surprise my brother with Shizuka Anderson's appearance.  I'm glad she and Ellie were cool about being on camera, and afterwards they said they really enjoyed that video!  Glad to have their approval.  I like the recap at the end; I tried to make the credits interesting.

I'm glad people enjoy this series.  I hope they get more views.  The only real downside is that they put me almost half a year behind on the videos I have planned to do, but thankfully, in a way, 2023 was a quiet year for things that I want to review.  Still a bit behind, though...  On that note...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2024, 09:11:42 am »

I surprised my brother with over 50 gifts related to Mega Man 2!  There are some expensive and obscure items here - bet you haven't heard of all of these!  Even I didn't know about some of these things until I had to research this stuff, so I was buying stuff from the summer all the way to Christmas (and even after).  I don't think many other NES games have had close to this many rereleases!