General Boards > Map Gab

Super NES Classic Edition - full map set

(1/3) > >>

JonLeung:

--- Quote ---

MAPS FOR ALL 21 GAMES OF THE SUPER NES CLASSIC EDITION
Contra III: The Alien Wars     Donkey Kong Country     EarthBound     Final Fantasy III (VI)
F-Zero     Kirby's Dream Course     Kirby: Super Star     The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past
Mega Man X     Secret Of Mana     Star Fox     Star Fox 2     Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Super Castlevania IV     Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts     Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG: Legend Of The Seven Stars     Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island     Super Metroid     Super Punch-Out!!

--- End quote ---

ORIGINAL POST:

The Super NES Classic Edition was announced yesterday!  Time for another "let's map them all" request topic.

It comes as not much of a surprise, given the success of the NES Classic Edition last year, and the natural progression of moving on to the next console.

But this will also be crazy popular as it has some great games (even if "only" 21) including some of the greatest games of all time, plus the previously-unreleased Star Fox 2, and it comes with two controllers, and Nintendo plans to make more of these than the NES Classic.

As before, most have been fully mapped on VGMaps.com already, but not all.  At the time of writing this, all of them DO have some maps for them, with the exception of Star Fox 2.  This topic will track the progression to finishing these off, hopefully before its release date of Sept. 29.

Revned:
Kirby's Rainbow Resort has most of the rest of the Kirby's Dream Course set:
http://www.kirbysrainbowresort.net/games/dreamcourse/level/

There are a few missing from Course 6, but these are from the same set as already here on VGMaps.

I've attempted to map them myself with the full backgrounds, but I couldn't ever come up with anything that looked decent since it's a single non-parallax screen. And just mapping the few missing levels without backgrounds seemed somehow unfulfilling...

Raccoon Sam:
Devin Acker (Revenant) has programmed a level editor for Kirby's Dream Course, which makes ripping super easy.
https://github.com/devinacker/kdceditor

However, it only displays the tiles with the default palette, so that would need to be accounted for.

JonLeung:
Okay, we now have the rest of Kirby's Dream Course, thanks to G.E.R.!

From Kirby: Super Star, I think we're still missing the "Revenge Of Meta Knight" chapter... but I recall someone saying there's some technical challenge with this or something?

G.E.R.:
I never played in Kirby:Super Star and I need some time on exploring this game.

Also, I found a level editor for Donkey Kong Country, it allows to visualize a level map, but without any objects and start/exit point

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version