Author Topic: VGMaps.com Atlas Project: Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night (PSX)  (Read 307419 times)

Offline Revned

RE: VGMaps.com Atlas Project: Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night (PSX)
« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2006, 03:49:47 pm »
It's 8000C0.

I just claimed a rather large chunk of the map. The area at the top is mostly one big room, even though it looks like several on the map. Then I'm also doing the connecting rooms while I'm there. I marked all of the save rooms, all of the warp rooms, and a few of the loading rooms. The loading rooms aren't shown on the map, so I have to actually go around and find them.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2006, 04:01:26 pm »
I've just redone the background of Mephea's hall section, mainly for consistency since it doesn't look really different from before:

User posted image

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #107 on: September 18, 2006, 07:08:18 pm »
Jon, the image with the candles in my first post is stuck at the wrong size for some reason.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2006, 08:03:32 pm »
Fixified!

Offline mephea

« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2006, 06:36:03 am »
looks nice terra!  thanks, ill piddle aroudn and find a not so hard section to map this morning whil i study history.

and yeah, me telling you to hurry was a subtle joke and revned was right, i would have liked to have heard before class, but its no big deal. ;)

Offline mephea

« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2006, 06:57:49 am »
guys, forgive me if this has been addressed, did we want to show the relics with names on them and whatnot?  im doing the room with the cube of zoe atm.

Offline mephea

« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2006, 07:43:30 am »
holy crap i just ran glintercept and it caught a bajillion-fillion images!  time to see if this is faster than manually removing the status bar thing.  The only place that its tricky is that top left corner.  bleghblegh

OK, here is my second contribution, not 100% and it will be a while before i can finish it i think.

http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=31q33rmepheaincompletefr4.png

Offline mephea

« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2006, 09:02:30 am »
ok, now its finished.  all the candles match i guess, everything is as it should be.  muwahahahahahaha.

http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=31q33rmepheach3.png

Offline Revned

« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2006, 09:11:51 am »
Quadruple posted! We haven't really talked about items, but I don't think we'll label them. There are lots of maps out there that tell you where to get all the items already. I don't think someone would want to scroll around a 16000x12000 map looking for a single item.

So, for items just sitting there, capture them as they look and without any kind of highlighted border. I don't think there are any other items floating like the one in your map, but I could be mistaken. It looks fine as it is now.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #114 on: September 19, 2006, 10:00:32 am »
You also have to be careful with GLIntercept's files. Like I said, for some reason most of the tiles it captures have the pixels on the border doubled, so a standard tile that is 16 x 16 ends up being 18 x 18. Also, things like doors are tricky because they actually are 3D object and sometimes look a bit screwy in-game but fine in GLIntercept's log files, except they won't have the same lighting effects on them. I try to avoid it's use as much as possible except for the parallax background when it's the only way to capture parts of them.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline mephea

« Reply #115 on: September 19, 2006, 12:48:16 pm »
i found a couple of non-parallaxy areas i could map whilst i was trying to capture the last bit of that big room i did, so i may do those sometime this week if i get any sort of free time.  i hope im doing a good job.

This really makes me wanna map parasite freakin' eve now that a psx emu is working on my machine.

Offline Revned

« Reply #116 on: September 19, 2006, 01:48:17 pm »
Just wanted to point out this site: http://www.inverteddungeon.com/mudt/index.php?selection=10000. It has several glitches that let you get outside of the castle. The double Heart Refresh trick was particularly helpful in getting some stuff to the left of the big room I'm working on.

Offline mephea

« Reply #117 on: September 19, 2006, 04:15:45 pm »
im not that 1337 rev =(

Offline mephea

« Reply #118 on: September 19, 2006, 06:14:27 pm »
Ok! here is a hallway that wasnt tagged yet.

The coordinates are - 21,n-21,q

http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=21n21qmepheamu9.png

I even made teh whip of the torch flames point left.  I think terra will be proud o-0

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #119 on: September 19, 2006, 07:38:27 pm »
It looks great, and yeah, I would have bitched about the flames ;)

There seems to be two candle spots near both edges of the screen without actual flames on them. Are those like that in the game or did you capture them with after the flames got hit by you?

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)