Author Topic: Lode Runner [NES]  (Read 9929 times)

Offline G.E.R.

Lode Runner [NES]
« on: March 27, 2019, 02:37:21 am »
I watched consoles in an internet-shop and I found the NES-portable console with a familiar game.
I remember this game, but I don't remember the name of the game.
Does anyone remember its title?

« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 02:22:43 am by G.E.R. »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: What is this?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 07:44:55 am »
That game is Lode Runner.

Apparently it's a computer game classic, but I grew up with it on the NES.  Specifically, the Famicom version on a 32-in-1 multicart.

I always thought it was interesting that they used the same sprite as Bomberman for the enemies, and always wondered if they were supposed to be Bombermen.

Offline G.E.R.

Lode Runner [NES]
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 02:16:03 am »
Yes, I also believed that it was the same character, but in different games. And now (20 years later) I view in Wikipedia:

The NES version, developed by Hudson Soft, marked the first appearance of Bombermen as the opposing robots.[37] The end screen to Bomberman for the NES notes that the original White Bomberman has turned human and hints at his appearance in another game, with the Lode Runner behind him. In the Japanese version, the reference is more direct: "Congratulations - Bomber Man becomes Runner - See you again in Lode Runner."

upd. Level maps (ripped with using LodeFunner level editor)

upd: I did not know that there is a continuation of this game. The xbox-360 version, 2009. Does anyone know, can we buy and download the game from https://marketplace.xbox.com/ to emulator?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 04:07:04 am by G.E.R. »