Author Topic: Where do you stand?  (Read 11478 times)

Offline DarkWolf

Where do you stand?
« on: October 01, 2006, 06:29:21 pm »
These numbers may not be 100% accurate due to fact that I had to parse the information out of the HTML pages on the page.  But they should be pretty close.

Rankings

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: Where do you stand?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 06:38:41 pm »
All this really tells me is that I've started way more maps than I've finished :bang:

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 09:10:01 pm »
I added another one for Rick Bruns - another Zelda II map.

Does this count the April Fools' maps?

Also, did you know that 7th Saga, Super Mario Bros. 3, and Kid Chameleon have exactly 100 maps?

Offline wileee

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 09:37:30 am »
Not to sound like an ass, but it's not really a good representation to go by number of maps. Some maps consist of a single screenshot of a bonus room or tiny portion of a world map.

For example, I've only submitted one map for Simon's Quest but it could have easily been 20 if I had divided it into each area and submitted it that way.

Might be more accurate to judge by Square Pixels than by a number.

Food for thought.

Offline mephea

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 12:00:11 pm »
im not bashing your idea wilee, i think it's a good one, but there are a lot of maps with a -bunch- of dead space.  I even have some maps like that.  Big maps like simons quest (i have all of metroid in one big map) have a great deal of dead space.  I guess number of maps is fair, but I dunno.  ive mapped almost 1000 maps since ive started, but they arent on this site o-0

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 12:03:39 pm »
Re: The maps

It includes anything on the console/pc/arcade pages.  Basically the script looked for mailto: links and counted the person's name when it came across another link to their e-mail.

Re: accuracy

Not trying to hold a contest or anything, I was just curious to see the numbers and thought I'd share my results.  I understand that size is more important than the number of maps, those 4 Desert Strike maps I did took me hours of work.