General Boards > Map Gab

Sega Genesis Mini - full map set

(1/10) > >>

JonLeung:

--- Quote ---

MAPS FOR ALL 42 GAMES OF THE SEGA GENESIS MINI
Alex Kidd In The Enchanted Castle      Alisia Dragoon      Altered Beast      Beyond Oasis      Castle Of Illusion: Starring Mickey Mouse      Castlevania: Bloodlines      Columns      Comix Zone      Contra: Hard Corps      Darius     Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine      Dynamite Headdy      Earthworm Jim      Ecco The Dolphin      Eternal Champions      Ghouls 'N Ghosts      Golden Axe      Gunstar Heroes      Kid Chameleon      Landstalker: The Treasures Of King Nole      Light Crusader      Mega Man: The Wily Wars (E)      Monster World IV (J)      Phantasy Star (IV): The End Of The Millennium      Road Rash II      Shining Force: The Legacy Of Great Intention      Shinobi III: Return Of The Ninja Master      Sonic The Hedgehog      Sonic The Hedgehog 2      Sonic The Hedgehog Spinball      Space Harrier II      Street Fighter II': Special Champion Edition      Streets Of Rage 2      Strider      Super Fantasy Zone (E)      Tetris     Thunder Force III      ToeJam & Earl      Vectorman      Virtua Fighter 2      Wonder Boy In Monster World      World Of Illusion: Starring Mickey Mouse & Donald Duck

--- End quote ---

ORIGINAL POST:

The Sega Genesis Mini comes out in less than a month, loaded with 40 classic Genesis games.  As with the NES Classic Edition and the Super NES Classic Edition, it would be cool to see how far along we've already come to mapping this and how many more could still be mapped.

JonLeung:
Thanks to G.E.R. for letting me know that Alex Kidd In The Enchanted Castle wasn't actually completed, as it was missing the aerial "To The Sky" stage, and then submitting it so that the first game alphabetically is now actually complete!  To think I was wrong in thinking that was complete for 13 years when it actually wasn't, sheesh...

G.E.R.:
I think that DarkWolf don't ripped this level, because it non-platformed level without objects. It includes only three small platform and enemies with a bombs or 200 JPY.

Another thing surprises me. It seems that SEGA abandoned Sonic 3 Knuckles, because this game don't rerelised in 201x years (along STH-1, STH-2, STH-CD, SA1 and SA2).
May be the reason is remakes of this levels is placed in other games? Only two levels (Carvaval Night and Launght Base) hasn't various remakes in a last games.

TerraEsperZ:
Concerning Sonic the Hedgehog 3, there (possibly/most likely) seems to be a long unresolved issue concerning music rights, specifically because of the involvement of Michael Jackson (there are many recent YouTube videos on the subject).

Given how complicated and expensive music rights settlements can be as well as Michael's involvement which is still being denied officially, it is most likely the reason why Sonic 3 & Knuckles hasn't been ported to any modern systems, only emulated. It also explains why the Sonic & Knuckles Collection for PC released in 1997 featured different music for several levels that included samples most likely taken from Jackson (Carnival Night, Launch Base) or where the music is basically an existing unreleased track (Hard Times by The Jetzons for Ice Cap).

JonLeung:
Congratulations on the 20000th post, TerraEsperZ!  At least, that's what I assume "msg20000" refers to...

Anyway, The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time had a chant in the Fire Temple removed and EarthBound also had some music that was replaced in later versions.  So to Nintendo it was apparently worth replacing the offending/infringing bits.

So while Sega could have included Sonic The Hedgehog 3 with some kind of similar workaround, maybe they just don't think it's worth the trouble to replace the music, or fundamentally don't want to change anything about a classic game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version