Author Topic: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game (NES)  (Read 27445 times)

Offline mephea

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game (NES)
« on: September 17, 2006, 01:13:47 pm »
Decided to map this game while i do homework and whatnot.  Should be pretty easy I guess.

http://img437.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scene1gp4.png

I will probably submit this to yall because jon wants that whole atlas thing or something. O-0

Offline mephea

RE: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game (NES)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 10:13:30 am »

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 11:05:16 am »
Well, my comments on AIM still hold. I like the way you've showed the highlights of the stage. I must however make a technical comment, and this time you have no justification (unlike the 'chaotic' flames in April's appartment)!

The right-most brick wall on the diagonal street part suffers from several misalignment on the top, probably because you pasted the same pattern several time to extend the wall vertically. Those things tend to jump at me pretty loudly.

But all in all, it's a great map with only a small area to correct, if you feel like listening to me :)

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 12:47:16 pm »
They look good in a technical sense (other than the small thing Terra mentioned).  It's too bad this version of the game has such a bad color scheme.  I realize the NES is limited, but still...

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 02:18:02 pm »
I find the graphics adequate, having never played the arcade version. However, I think those of the sequel TMNT3: The Manhattan Project are much better. A future project for Mephea maybe :) ?

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline mephea

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 06:41:39 am »
Well, yeah, the bricks are misaligned but i have reason!  back in the old days of nintendo power they had maps.  their maps were sometimes screwy like that.  *cackle*

not really, but i kind of do like have that small inconsistency, time is one thing, i spend about 4 hours on these maps just making the quipy little images, not to mention this game is a lot harder than i remember.  I took the score and stuff off as well terra, but i mainly did that cuz it was in the way!

and darkwolf - id like to map the arcade version, but im not well versed in the world of arcade emulation and whatnot, ill do it, but i need help setting it up.  also, im mapping the NES version because:

A)My site needs more maps

B)jonleung offered sex for those collection of nintendo atlas maps!

C)im already equipped for running this game.

i would love to map an arcade game though.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 10:01:25 am »
mephea said:
Well, yeah, the bricks are misaligned but i have reason!  back in the old days of nintendo power they had maps.  their maps were sometimes screwy like that.  *cackle*

That's no reason! Back to work slave, it's perfection or nothing >:) !

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline mephea

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 12:41:40 pm »
http://img48.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scene2sewersej8.png

map #3.  Pretty short.  remember baxter stockman?  muwahahahaha

Offline mephea

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2006, 10:41:56 am »
Neat. The sewers map is kinda dull (which isn't your fault) but the winter stage looks cool. It was also one of the two exclusive NES stages which weren't present in the arcade game (the second is the ninja dojo right before the Technodrome). It's also nice to see the maps in their full pixelated glory instead of the tiny collage in my old Nintendo Power issue (the third I ever got) :)

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline mephea

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2006, 03:37:45 pm »
thanks terra :)  i only get to work on the game every once in a while due to school, but i will update every time i get finished!

Offline mephea

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2006, 07:56:50 am »

Offline MagnetiC

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2006, 01:28:10 pm »
They look great, I remember playing this one a lot back then. Two player mode made it a lot more fun for me and my cousins than the first TMNT.

---

Ignorance is bliss.
Ignorance is bliss.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2006, 07:11:56 pm »
Mephea, there seems to be some inconsistencies in the front-lights of some cars. Specifically, the image you use to indicate the cars which try to drive over you has two different front-lights, and one of the blue car seems to have a different front-light and engine grill on the right than on the left. Since I haven't played the game recently, I can't verify if that's how it really is in the game or if it was a copy/paste error. And I hope you're not tired of me nitpicking your maps, as I wish people did it more for mine ;)

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline mephea

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2006, 06:16:40 am »
ha! you're right.  I didn't even notice.  Let me do a quick fix to that today.