Author Topic: [Revival]: Wario, Micro Machines etc. maps.  (Read 37078 times)

Offline Revned

RE: [Revival]: Wario, Micro Machines etc. maps.
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006, 04:49:40 pm »
I agree.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2006, 05:53:02 pm »
It seems "different" than other Mario games, but like I said, I will eventually give it a try.

Offline Revned

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2006, 06:08:52 pm »
It seemed more like them to me than did Super Mario Land 1. It was different in a good way.

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2006, 10:41:43 am »
(Sorry to bump this but...) I've been wondering about Mario Kart DS maps. You know those maps you've got already... is it possible to make the map of the actual colour map thing you see on the game, where you can actually see items, objects etc? You know what I mean. (I feel I've already asked this somewhere).

Offline Revned

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2006, 12:07:44 pm »
At this point, no. Probably not for a long time. The DS emulators aren't very good.

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2006, 03:47:11 am »
OK, then.

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2007, 04:41:17 am »
I can see there's no interest in this. After all, it's January 3 2007, and the last post was November 13 2006... which is basically 51 days ago (or 7 weeks and 2 days)... so... can I close this? (I did close it once or twice, but for 'some reason' it was re-opened), either that or... any maps from any of the requested games?

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2007, 07:42:13 am »
There's no need to close this, even if it appears there's no interest or progress.  Haven't we mentioned that already?

Someone one day may come around this board, and perhaps they have the time and willingness to do the maps you request - but if you close it, they might not even want to come into the topic to read it or assume it's dealt with.

You've made some maps before, haven't you, Ultimate Koopa?  Perhaps if you did some of the smaller ones of the games you've mentioned it might inspire someone to do the others, since you seem to requesting a few from the same series.

Peardian's at work at Wario Land 4, just taking his time with them though.  They'll get done.

Offline Captain Drake

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2007, 09:07:49 am »
I might make Virtual Boy Wario Land maps eventually. Want them in white/grey or headache-inducing red/black?

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2007, 01:47:10 am »
Never played VB Wario Land, but... white/grey.

And, Jon, how do you make maps of games where the screen scrolls vertically as well as horizontally? I could do Wario Land 2 or 3 maps, but DKL maps for example... On one screen, the ledge might be at the bottom of the screen, but when you move to the next screen, the screen scrolls vertically, and the ledge might be at the top of the screen. And there's also blank/white parts that'd appear.

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2007, 01:48:47 am »
Um... it should be could not could.

Offline Captain Drake

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2007, 06:07:14 am »
Actually, can't do VBWL, sorry. The background and foreground don't scroll at the same speed, and since you go into the background at certain points, I can't just cut out the background.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2007, 10:50:11 am »
Captain Drake, would it possible to map both the foreground and background separately? If yes, then  I suppose you could simply, for a given stage, place the two sections one beside the others and simply use arrows or numbers to indicate the place where Wario can switch layer.

Of course, since I've never played the game myself and haven't even seen it in action, what I'm suggesting might in practice sound really stupid...

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Captain Drake

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2007, 05:55:24 am »
Doesn't sound stupid at all, really.

Problem is there's no really good VB emulators yet, so layers of background can't be disabled, which means the background in the foreground blocks the background in the background (Getting confusing?). So that wouldn't be possible until there's a better emulator.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2007, 09:36:24 am »
Ah ah, yeah, lots of painful capture and editing in perspective. So, which emulator are you using? I'd be curious to at least try to play Virtual Boy Wario Land.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)