Author Topic: Mega Man Maps  (Read 578045 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: Mega Man Maps
« Reply #180 on: May 19, 2008, 08:52:37 am »
The "Mega Man a (Alpha) Mini-Game" map from Mega Man ZX Advent that Zeric submitted yesterday is neat.  Apparently, it's a mini-game clearly resembling an old NES Mega Man game.

At first I thought it was "Mega Man: A Mini-Game", but the "a" is there because it's Mega Man Alpha.  Which sounds very much like a possible Mega Man spin-off if Capcom were to be influenced by their own Street Fighter series...

Now, since the a (for Alpha) is lower-case, and there are no spaces in my filenames, it comes out to "MegaManaMini-Game", which is fun to say!  Mega, Mana, Mini-Game!  Mega, Mana, Mini-Game!

Not to mention the neat transition..."Mega" and "Man a" (if we take it as "Mana") both begin with M and end with a, then "Man a" and "Mini" just have different vowels, then "Mini" and "Game" just go together naturally, then "Game" and "Mega" are anagrams of each other and we're back at the start again!

Never mind, I'll just keep chanting...

"Mega!  Mana!  Mini-Game!

Mega!  Mana!  Mini-Game!

Mega!  Mana!  Mini-Game!"

See, it's annoying my brother!  Fun!

Offline marioman

« Reply #181 on: May 19, 2008, 03:54:57 pm »
Thanks Zeric.  Oddly enough, I think that I forgot those Mega Man a maps in my ZXA count.  (So many maps.)  Mega Man a is a fun little feature of ZXA, but I wish that Capcom would have had something other than Model a as the secret transformation.

I also see that Zeric added the variant of Doppler Stage 2 Mega Man X3.  Good job.

Offline Will

« Reply #182 on: May 31, 2008, 03:28:32 am »
Jon, I have been observing the list of Battle Network maps and the "Teacher's Car System" map is missing. I don't if you still have it, but if I have to do again, so be it. I'm just being observant and keeping the list up to date from time to time.

Offline Zeric

« Reply #183 on: May 31, 2008, 10:52:21 am »
I have done Overdrive Ostrich and Wire Sponge. I will try to make the other missing maps for MMX2 before I send them over to Jon since I may make some changes. Anyway here is how they look like ATM.

Overdrive Ostrich

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Magnus/Skrivbord/Projects/Guides/Mega%20Man/RMX2/Finished/Overdrive%20Ostrich.png

Wire Spoong

Jon it's actualy ancient not alpha but whatever.

---

Current Projects: Akumajo Dracula (X6800) Mega Man X2

Current Projects: Akumajo Dracula (X6800 - Final Stage) Mega Man X2 (SNES Sigma 2)

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA - 83%)

Offline Revned

« Reply #184 on: May 31, 2008, 12:04:34 pm »
I'm just curious, how did you deal with the weather effects in Wire Sponge's level? I remember messing with codes and whatnot, but I couldn't get it to stay sunny. Anyway, great work. I'm glad you and Geminiman have done such a great job finishing up where I left off.

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #185 on: May 31, 2008, 12:44:12 pm »
He probably used BGMapper or vSNES, or used SNES9X's ability to turn HDMA effects off. I'd wager on it being the former, though.

---

"its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys" - John Freeman

Offline marioman

« Reply #186 on: May 31, 2008, 09:19:40 pm »
Awesome.  It is nice to see that Mega Man X2 is finally getting some attention.  I will be looking forward to seeing the rest of the maps after Zeric finishes them.  Thanks.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #187 on: May 31, 2008, 09:23:28 pm »
Should be coming sometimes tomorrow if everything goes according to plan...

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Current projects: ?????? (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man V (GB), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), etc
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline marioman

« Reply #188 on: May 31, 2008, 09:25:45 pm »
That's nice to hear.  Thanks Terra.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #189 on: June 02, 2008, 02:15:38 am »
Mega Man V is finally finished; I don't know how you came up with 14 maps, as I only have 13, but they're all there anyway. And thanks everyone for waiting for my maps instead of simply asking Zeric for his.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Current projects: ?????? (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man V (GB), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Bucky O'Hare (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline marioman

« Reply #190 on: June 02, 2008, 05:40:05 am »
Congratulations.  You have just finished off the Game Boy Mega Man games.  I counted 14 maps because I considered the 8 bosses fight and the Wily fight as Wily Stage 3, and the Sunstar fight as Wily Stage 4.  It really doesn't matter though because there is not really a definite division there.  I will update the list as soon as they go up on the site.

Now, the only Classic Mega Man game that remains is Mega Man Soccer.  Mega Man Soccer is an interesting game.  It is riddled with typos and glitches, but it is still fun.  Strangely enough, I believe that it was still in beta when they released it.  It lacks an ending, and you cannot unlock Dr. Wily even though his icon appears on the character select screen.

Thanks again Terra.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #191 on: June 02, 2008, 07:19:38 pm »
Mega Man V (GB) is up as of now.

Offline marioman

« Reply #192 on: June 02, 2008, 07:36:15 pm »
List updated.  All Game Boy (Color) games are now fully mapped.  Great job!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #193 on: June 02, 2008, 07:59:09 pm »
Someone map some soccer fields already!

I just noticed we've mostly been calling it "Mega Man Soccer" but the title screen says "Mega Man's Soccer".  The box art is without the apostrophe & s.  I hate box & title screen differences.

(I also just noticed how weird the word "soccer" is.  We really should call it "football".  And call "American football" something like "rugby wannabe".  :P)

Offline marioman

« Reply #194 on: June 02, 2008, 08:10:07 pm »
If I remember correctly, soccer get its origins from the term "associated football".  Soccer is supposed to be some type of mangled version of the word associated.

As for Mega Man Soccer, you are correct.  The box art says Mega Man Soccer, but the title screen says Mega Man's Soccer.  Yet another reason that I think that the game was still beta when it was released.  (Along with Bomb Man being called Bomber Man, and Roll and Kalinka running around with that banner that says "Congartulations".)