Author Topic: Mega Man Maps  (Read 554689 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: Mega Man Maps
« Reply #240 on: July 28, 2008, 06:09:09 pm »
My real job includes truckers' payroll.  I'm well aware of the difference between being paid by tonnes and being paid by loads.  :P

Offline Will

« Reply #241 on: August 01, 2008, 04:18:43 am »
I've finally finished Megaman Battle Network, once and for all! 118 maps overall coming this week. I've changed my mind about turning the labels into icons because it occurs to me that not everyone will be able interpret the symbols, anyway I like them as they are. I believe I am ready to get started on the second battle network game.

Offline marioman

« Reply #242 on: August 01, 2008, 05:55:47 am »
Congratulations Will!  I will update the BN count on the list as soon as the maps are uploaded to the site.  I posted the wtw code for BN2 a page to two back.  I would move all of the wtw codes that I found to the first post if there were a tag that would hide/collapse them.  That post is long enough as is.

Anyway, here's the code: 82009684 0001

Good luck.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #243 on: August 04, 2008, 10:25:36 am »
I thought Mega Man was supposed to come out on the Virtual Console this week in North America.  Capcom said so.  Yet...I don't see it.  >_<

Offline marioman

« Reply #244 on: August 04, 2008, 07:27:20 pm »
Yeah, I am not sure what is going on with that.  Capcom even took down the notice on their blog that said that it would be released today.  Weird...

Offline Rew

« Reply #245 on: August 07, 2008, 11:37:02 am »
Nintendo's word trumps that of third-party developers.

At least that's more or less what Nintendo said after this past Monday after several third-party companies had announced titles for that day--even though only Sega's went on.

---

"So this is what it's like..."

- Spark Mandrill
From the Super Smash Bros. Brawl board on GameFAQs:
The only Fox News we're interested in is breakthroughs in his metagame.

Offline Will

« Reply #246 on: August 09, 2008, 12:45:06 am »
The maps of Megaman Battle Network 2 are outstanding from the prequel. Already I have done 32 maps in total. Regarding Battle Network 1, what sort of thumbnail do you suppose should randomly show on the home page. My suggestions are:

1. The Rocket in the map "WWW Secret Hideout, Rocket Base"

2. The Lifevirus in the map "WWW Hacking Rocket System"

3. The monitor in the map "Science Lab, Dr. Hikari's Office"

Which of those is likely to overall represent the game? The Rocket Base is a symbol of ultimate disaster, the Lifevirus is the key to this disaster and the monitor is what created Megaman or known to Dr. Hikari as Hub.

Offline marioman

« Reply #247 on: August 11, 2008, 11:50:25 am »
I see that Will has gotten a jump on BN2.  Wonder how many maps it has...

Offline Frenkel

« Reply #248 on: August 14, 2008, 04:29:42 pm »
Is there anyone here who recognizes from which game this map is? ;)

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/306/cityup5.png

Offline marioman

« Reply #249 on: August 14, 2008, 06:26:02 pm »
Oh man!  It's Torch Man from Mega Man III PC!  Congratulations Frenkel - you did it.  How are the maps encrypted?  Can't wait to see more.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #250 on: August 14, 2008, 07:23:52 pm »
If I may make a request, I think it would be neat if the PC Mega Man games had the Robot Masters in them...

And as Revned and TerraEsperZ mentioned in another topic, I would certainly consider putting up their redone NES Mega Man game maps, knowing their perfectionism.

Offline marioman

« Reply #251 on: August 14, 2008, 09:00:06 pm »
Yeah, that would be nice.  I posted a link to sprites for both MMPC games a few pages back.

Offline Frenkel

« Reply #252 on: August 15, 2008, 03:23:37 am »
marioman Said:
Oh man!  It's Torch Man from Mega Man III PC!  Congratulations Frenkel - you did it.  Just out of curiosity, how are the maps encrypted?  Can't wait to see more.

To make a long story short, I don't know how the files are compressed. I just run the game in DOSBox with the debugger enabled and let the game decompress the files and then I dump the memory to get the decompressed files.

Offline marioman

« Reply #253 on: August 15, 2008, 06:53:59 am »
Ah, so it is possible to do something like that with DOSBox.  I was looking for such a feature a couple weeks ago, but came up empty.  Good job.

Offline Frenkel

« Reply #254 on: August 15, 2008, 06:55:41 am »
I turns out the files are compressed using the LZW data compression algorithm. Here's a description of the algorithm and some code that works on the Mega Man III PC files: http://marknelson.us/1989/10/01/lzw-data-compression/