Author Topic: Mega Man Maps  (Read 554518 times)

Offline Revned

Re: Mega Man Maps
« Reply #480 on: April 06, 2010, 05:53:01 pm »
I actually got frustrated playing the level, so I put the controller down and started mapping.

I'm almost certainly not doing Challenge Mode, but if I did, I think this would be one place where I would have to include the enemies. The levels are very generic by themselves.

Offline marioman

« Reply #481 on: April 07, 2010, 05:25:11 am »
And the Special Stage 1 map is up, so the list has been updated.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #482 on: April 07, 2010, 08:43:37 am »
I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I noticed Rockman Strategy isn't on the list or the site. Given the nature of the game, it might be potentially doable but I'm not sure.
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline marioman

« Reply #483 on: April 07, 2010, 10:56:13 am »
I think that it has been brought up before, but at the time I wasn't sure if it was really an official release.  (There is next to no information about it on the Web.)  I have more or less confirmed its legitimacy since the last time it was mentioned, and the few screenshots I have seen indicate that it is potentially mappable.  So it's on the list now - thanks for mentioning it.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 11:03:35 am by marioman »

Offline marioman

« Reply #484 on: April 11, 2010, 07:29:50 pm »
This week Will continues to work through BN5 and has reached 120 maps.  It looks like he has only the Undernet and Nebula areas left.  (Aside from those extra areas which were mentioned earlier, but I am not sure if he is going to try to map them or not.)  Almost there...

Offline Will

« Reply #485 on: April 14, 2010, 10:19:00 am »
I have completed the entire set of Liberation Missions. All that remains is the remaining Nebula Internet System sectors and a single Undernet System sector, not to mention the Japanese version sections of the Ship and the Gargoyle.

I have discovered a certain something in my spare time. Mega Man's symbol has a striking close resemblence to the chest symbol of Galactus from "The Silver Surfer" 1998 TV series.

Offline marioman

« Reply #486 on: April 16, 2010, 07:37:04 pm »
It looks like Revned's Mega Man 10 maps got some publicity on The Mega Man Network.  The Mega Man Network is one of the largest Mega Man fan sites, and they don't usually post things like this.  So getting a MMN spot is quite an honor.  Congrats Revned.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 07:46:06 pm by marioman »

Offline marioman

« Reply #487 on: April 19, 2010, 08:02:50 am »
A load of maps for the Nebula Internet System were submitted this weekend.  This brings the map count up to 125, and it looks like Will has 5 maps left.  (Nebula 2, Nebula 4, Undernet 1, Japanese Cruiser 1, Japanese Gargoyle 2.)  The good news is that the Liberation Missions are done, so there are just a few miscellaneous maps to go.

Offline Will

« Reply #488 on: April 24, 2010, 12:20:42 am »
I have completed the Nebula Internet System. That means all the maps from the European and US versions are all done of Battle Network 5. While I'm looking into the Japanese version to get the remaining two maps, I've begun a few Battle Network 6 maps to whet your appetite. See if you can guess which of the two games I'm doing. Both versions have a difference in room colours and decorations as before, but I'll probably find major differences later. Unfortunately the walk through wall code didn't work on Cybeast Falzar or Cybeast Gregar.

Offline Rew

« Reply #489 on: April 24, 2010, 09:30:50 pm »
Will, I can't believe it, but it looks like you're going to end up mapping the entire Battle Network series. Whatever are you going to do after MMBN6 is finished?
From the Super Smash Bros. Brawl board on GameFAQs:
The only Fox News we're interested in is breakthroughs in his metagame.

Offline marioman

« Reply #490 on: April 25, 2010, 08:00:13 pm »
Wow!  Huge Mega Man update this weekend.  Let's see where I should start...

RMMH submitted the cloudy map for Mega Man Zero 4's Magnetic Zone, so that game is now complete.  For that matter, the Mega Man Zero series is now completely mapped!  Thanks RMMH.

Also from RMMH is a complete set of maps for Mega Man ZX's Area A.  It is nice to see that maps being created for that game.  The backgrounds are very nice.

And last but not least, Will's BN5 maps have been uploaded along with the BN6 ones.  Once the last two BN5 maps are up, the final map count will be 134.  Again, very impressive work Will.

See if you can guess which of the two games I'm doing. Both versions have a difference in room colours and decorations as before, but I'll probably find major differences later.

Seeing as you have this thing for blue (Blue Sun and Team Colonel), I would guess that you are mapping the Gregar version since Gregar is blue.

Unfortunately the walk through wall code didn't work on Cybeast Falzar or Cybeast Gregar.

Try this one:  3EC0468C 43E1540F

Will, I can't believe it, but it looks like you're going to end up mapping the entire Battle Network series. Whatever are you going to do after MMBN6 is finished?

For the record, the BN series will not be done just yet.  There will still be the extra scenario from Operation Shooting Star and the Wonderswan game which will be unmapped.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 08:01:12 pm by marioman »

Offline Will

« Reply #491 on: April 26, 2010, 08:10:58 am »
That code did not work either I'm afraid. Is it a code for the "Code..." option, the "Gameshark..." option or the "Codebreaker..." option? The codes I'm used to typing are always for Codebreaker with 8 X digits and 4 Y digits. If the two previous codes didn't work because of a specific rom, then my rom name is Cybeast Gregar (E)(Rising Sun). Rest assured, I'll attempt to carry on before the correct code arrives.

Offline marioman

« Reply #492 on: April 26, 2010, 09:33:44 am »
I got the code from GameFAQs.  After looking at it again, it looks like it is an Action Replay code for the North American version of the game, so it may not work on the European version.

Here is a Codebreaker code that I found.  See if it works for you:  82012114 0001

Offline Will

« Reply #493 on: April 26, 2010, 01:35:43 pm »
This is probably going to be the hardest hunt for a walk through wall code that actually works on any one of the Battle Network 6 roms. I've tried a compilation of different codes for the Codebreaker in all the different versions and it won't activate in the Real World or the Cyber World. I have researched on different cheat sites for it only to find the same Gameshark Code and codes that won't work. Well nobody has the actual Codebreaker cheat. It looks like I'm by myself. I have already started my first Internet map.

EDIT: I have other news which makes the completion of the Battle Network series one tough nut to crack. The Japanese version of BN6 has got in-game maps which never appears in the US and EU versions and the Japanese version of BN5 not only has the extra Ship and Gargoyle Castle sections, but also bigger modified versions of certain Cyber World maps. If the other games have such noticable differences, it's going to a long investigation to carry out.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 01:47:13 pm by Will »

Offline marioman

« Reply #494 on: April 26, 2010, 06:19:18 pm »
Wow.  I didn't know that there were that many differences in the BN games.  What's weird is that the differences are based on the language version instead of the game version.  (Red Sun/Blue Moon, etc)

Too bad walk through walls codes aren't working.  I would think that at least one out of the three would work.  For what it's worth, I found the code in my last post on an Asian website, so it may be for the Japanese version.  Also, you may want to try entering the code in the first post as a game modification code - I am not sure what type it is.

In other news, the last of the Mega Man 10 DLC has been released in some regions.  Maybe we will see maps for it soon?