Author Topic: Mega Man Maps  (Read 554265 times)

Offline Will

Re: Mega Man Maps
« Reply #525 on: July 18, 2010, 07:04:42 am »
I've had no success finding a means to access the DS rom, but that can wait even for a long time. Now that the entire Battle Network series is up, I am wondering what the chances of one of the games being promoted Maps of the Month are. My approximation goes like this:

Mega Man Battle Network 1 - 75%
Mega Man Battle Network 2 - 70%
Mega Man Battle Network 3 - 55%
Mega Man Battle Network 4 - 35%
Mega Man Battle Network 4.5 - 25%
Mega Man Battle Network 5 - 85%
Mega Man Battle Network 6 - 80%

I am however hoping Battle Network 5 out of all gets the promotion.

Offline marioman

« Reply #526 on: July 19, 2010, 08:38:13 am »
List updated.

Congrats on completing BN6.  It will be interesting to see how many Map of the Month promotions are awarded to these maps.  Too bad you cannot get the DS games working.  I have seen videos of all of the DS Mega Man games, so there is surely a way emulate them.  By the way, are you considering BN5 officially finished, or are you still going to try and map those last 2 areas from the Japanese version?  If you are going to try and map the last few areas, you may want to look at the teleport code available in this thread on Sprites Inc.  It looks like you can use the code to select which area you are in.

Also submitted this week were more ZXA maps.  Now all of the maps through the Legion HQ have been submitted.  On the RMMH Extra Hall, all of the ZX areas except for Area N have been mapped, and ZXA has been mapped through the Control Center.  So most likely ZX will be completed soon, and ZXA should follow soon thereafter.

Thanks to you both.

P.S.  I don't know if anyone from RMMH reads this forum, but the door at the far left of the Extra Hall's Area J-5 map leads to Area J-3 and not Area J-2.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 10:46:27 am by marioman »

Offline marioman

« Reply #527 on: July 26, 2010, 09:58:02 am »
List updated.

RMMH submitted more ZX and ZXA maps this weekend.  The ZX maps are now complete through Area K, and the ZXA maps are complete through the Quarry.  (The issue with ZX's Area J-5 map has been fixed.)  Also, the final ZXA maps were posted on the RMMH Extra Hall today, so hopefully the complete set of maps will arrive here soon.

Thanks RMMH.

EDIT: And the last of the ZX maps have been uploaded to the Extra Hall.  Hopefully this weekend's update will include the rest of the maps for both games.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 07:11:10 pm by marioman »

Offline marioman

« Reply #528 on: August 02, 2010, 10:05:09 am »
List updated.

RMMH submitted the remainder of the maps for Mega Man ZX and Mega Man ZX Advent and thus completed the maps for both of those games.  (A revised map for ZX's Area D-4 Part 1 has been posted on the Extra Hall, but the change is minor.)  This means that now 47 out of the 59 Mega Man games on the list have been completely mapped which makes the overall completion percentage about 80%.  What's interesting is that about a year ago the completion percentage for the list was only 60%.  Thanks to all who have contributed.

Congrats to RMMH on completing the ZX/ZXA maps.  (And here's hoping that IntiCreates finally releases some sequels to ZXA.)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 10:05:56 am by marioman »

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #529 on: August 02, 2010, 10:47:24 am »
Wow, a fantastic job by the people at RMMH. MMZ/ZX/ZXA maps are always a pleasure to look at.
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline marioman

« Reply #530 on: August 09, 2010, 09:02:45 am »
List updated.

RMMH has submitted in-game maps for Mega Man Battle & Chase this weekend.  Very nice work. 

With this submission, there are only 3 Playstation games that do not at least have a full set of in-game maps on the site.  If RMMH submits their in-game maps for Mega Man Legends and Mega Man Legends 2: Episode 1, then Mega Man X6 will be the only unmapped Playstation game.  (Unless someone figures out a good way to map Super Adventure Rockman.)

P.S.  There is a typo in the title for the third track in the top row of the Battle & Chase map.  That track is Sky Circuit 3.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 09:04:08 am by marioman »

Offline marioman

« Reply #531 on: September 13, 2010, 04:50:31 pm »
List updated.

The Mega Man map drought has ended this weekend with the submission of more Mega Man X6 maps from RMMH.  The maps for Commander Yammark (Dragonfly) have been ripped which only leaves 7 maverick levels to map in the game.  This level has to be my absolutely favorite level in Mega Man X6 and may possibly be my favorite maverick level in all of the PSX Mega Man games.  The atmosphere created by the graphics and music is absolutely great.

Thanks to RMMH.  Keep up the great work.

Offline Will

« Reply #532 on: September 16, 2010, 01:11:27 am »
Leafing through the Japanese version of Battle Network 5, I have discovered that the Squirrel Statue System labyrinth differs a bit from the US/EU version. I'll get around to mapping that labyrinth right away.

EDIT: I got it done along with some other maps. It turns out that in the Japanese version of Battle Network 5, the blue background system maps have a different layout. Also I have tackled the missing section of the Cruiser Network System. I'll get to the missing Gargoyle Network System quite soon. If you're interested, the Japanese version of Battle Network 5 also has "The Last Supper" by Leonardo Da Vinci in the Bohemia Cruiser Hallway instead of the fireworks picture. Fancy having a real life artwork in a completely imaginary world in a game.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 10:57:00 am by Will »

Offline Will

« Reply #533 on: September 20, 2010, 05:56:51 am »
I have completed every differing map in the Japanese version I could find including the missing Gargoyle Network System map. I'll be sending them shortly. The compilation of Japanese and EU/US maps for Battle Network 5 has reached a total map quantity of 145. My part for the GBA Battle Network series is done, hopefully once and for all.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 05:58:28 am by Will »

Offline marioman

« Reply #534 on: September 20, 2010, 05:04:30 pm »
Awesome.  I am impressed that you found yet another area that differs depending on the language version.  Nice to see that the Battle Network series will finally be finished.  I'll update the list as soon as the maps are uploaded.  Congratulations.

Offline marioman

« Reply #535 on: September 26, 2010, 01:00:23 pm »
And Will's BN5 maps are up.  The main games in the BN series are now complete.  Congrats on single-handedly mapping all of these games.

With the completion of BN5, 49 out of 60 mappable Mega Man games have full sets of maps on the site.  Very impressive.  Thanks to all who have contributed.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #536 on: September 26, 2010, 02:01:10 pm »
Did MMBN5 come out in Japan last or something? Or did they really take out all of the unique and more complex rooms when porting them?
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline marioman

« Reply #537 on: September 26, 2010, 08:57:17 pm »
No, both versions came out in Japan first.  I have no clue why so much was changed from the Japanese version.  It doesn't make any sense to me either unless there is some sort of obscure technical reason for changing/removing the areas.

Offline Maxim

« Reply #538 on: September 27, 2010, 04:29:05 am »
There has for many years been a tendency to dumb down videogames for the Western audience. I know one game, for example, where all enemies' hit points are halved when run on a non-Japanese system.

Offline Will

« Reply #539 on: October 02, 2010, 02:05:19 am »
I finally have access to the "Operate Shooting Star" NDS game. Do you have an approximate or precise number of maps (excluding the already mapped GBA scenes and the minimaps that accompany the cyberworld areas) Marioman?

EDIT: I've reached the first extra scenario map. A walk through wall cheat would be handy if you can find it.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 06:39:33 am by Will »