Author Topic: Mega Man Maps  (Read 553963 times)

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
Re: Mega Man Maps
« Reply #510 on: June 07, 2010, 11:52:07 pm »
Say, why are the cell phone games deemed unmappable? I know I've seen sprites from mobile phone games on tSR, so I know at least something like it can be done.
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline marioman

« Reply #511 on: June 08, 2010, 06:04:29 am »
Say, why are the cell phone games deemed unmappable? I know I've seen sprites from mobile phone games on tSR, so I know at least something like it can be done.
Yes, sprites from mobile phone games do exist, but I believe that they were extracted directly from the games' code.  While I would not rule out the possibility that someone could extract maps in a similar manner (or at least extract the tiles and reconstruct the maps by hand), I have yet to see anyone successfully do anything like that.  The "unmappable" list is very tentative so if someone shows me that a game can be mapped (Mega Man X7 for instance), I will move it to the main list.

Offline marioman

« Reply #512 on: June 13, 2010, 07:02:57 pm »
List updated.  Will has more BN6 maps up.  It looks like he finished Sky Town and the map count is up to 65.  Also, RMMH submitted some more X7 maps.  They have all but 4 levels mapped on their site so they are really close to completion.  Good work to both of you.

Offline Revned

« Reply #513 on: June 16, 2010, 12:24:28 am »
I sure lost momentum when I got to MM10's Endless Attack. I guess the name doesn't really make the task seem any easier ;) Anyway, I don't know when I'll finish it. Lots of stuff going on in real life, and lots of other things are distracting me in my free time. But I haven't forgotten!

Offline marioman

« Reply #514 on: June 20, 2010, 07:59:39 pm »
List updated.  RMMH has submitted more X7 maps which brings the number of mapped stages up to 5.  On the RMMH site, all of the stages have been mapped except for the two Crimson Palace levels.  RMMH has also started posting maps for ZX Advent on their site, so maybe we will start seeing some of them here too.  Thanks RMMH.

Will has also submitted some more BN6 maps.  He is up to 72 maps now, so I will guess that he is at about 50%.  Nice work.

I sure lost momentum when I got to MM10's Endless Attack. I guess the name doesn't really make the task seem any easier ;) Anyway, I don't know when I'll finish it. Lots of stuff going on in real life, and lots of other things are distracting me in my free time. But I haven't forgotten!

Nice to hear that you are still planning to map MM10's Endless Attack.  Good luck with compiling the maps and I am sure that we will all be looking forward to seeing the finished product.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 07:59:54 pm by marioman »

Offline Will

« Reply #515 on: June 20, 2010, 10:40:59 pm »
Very soon Mega Man will be doing a visit to ACDC. There is something I've come across that I am uncertain whether to indicate. There are extremely occasional yellow data crystals contain rare and valuable data around the cyber world. I am not sure if those are random encounters or specific triggering encounters. A little more information would help me.

Offline marioman

« Reply #516 on: June 22, 2010, 02:59:56 pm »
It appears that they are random.  From what I have read, it looks like there is a 24% chance that one of these gold mystery data will replace a green one when you enter an area.

Offline Will

« Reply #517 on: June 26, 2010, 02:13:18 am »
This week I have been working at full capacity with Battle Network 6. Now 90% of the game is about done, since I have mapped the place you meet the final boss. Those maps should be arriving any hour soon. All I have remaining is the Underground Internet System, the Graveyard Internet System and some other areas that only appear in the Japanese Version.

Offline marioman

« Reply #518 on: June 27, 2010, 07:46:59 pm »
List updated.  Wow, that's a lot of BN6 maps Will.  It's amazing to think that you are only a few maps away from single-handedly mapping all of the mainstream Battle Network games.  Quite an impressive feat.  After such a great accomplishment it makes me wonder what sort of mapping project you will take on next.  (Or if you will just take a well-deserved break.)  Nice work.

RMMH also submitted some more Mega Man X7 maps.  Now all of the stages are available except for the final two.  Actually, RMMH has all of the maps except for one area of the last level available on their site so hopefully next weekend's update will complete the map set.  Another quite amazing feat.  Good job to the folks at RMMH.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 07:47:30 pm by marioman »

Offline Will

« Reply #519 on: July 03, 2010, 11:08:33 am »
Much of the Internet maps are finished, but I still have the third Undernet sector, the Graveyard Internet and the Immortal Internet to do. In a matter of time, the sixth game should be finished before I finish where I left off in Battle Network 5 (J).

Offline marioman

« Reply #520 on: July 05, 2010, 07:09:55 am »
List updated.  Nice to see that you are almost done Will.  I am just amazed that you are so close to finishing the main games by yourself.  So far, you have 794 maps across all 7 games.  (104 of which are part of the growing BN6 map set.)  By the way, it looks like it was a good idea to map the Japanese version of BN6 because it appears that it also has areas that are not in the other translations.

Also, RMMH finished their Mega Man X7 maps.  The Palace Road and Crimson Palace areas are now available.  Congratulations to RMMH for completing this "impossible" task and good luck on your future projects.

Offline marioman

« Reply #521 on: July 12, 2010, 07:48:46 am »
List updated.

RMMH submitted a load of MMZX and MMZXA maps this weekend.  Included in the ZX maps are areas H and I which leaves only 36 of 66 sections to map.  Additionally, 13 ZXA maps are available and the number of maps remaining for that game is now 49 of 63.

In other news, RMMH has also began mapping Mega Man X8!  For those interested, they have posted a WIP map of the Metal Valley Stage as a proof of concept.  Can't wait to see the finished product.

Thanks and good luck with the rest of the maps.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 07:49:59 am by marioman »

Offline Will

« Reply #522 on: July 15, 2010, 05:09:11 am »
I have completed the remainder of Battle Network 6 maps, which just about accomplishes my campaign for the Battle Network series maps. Every now and then, when I feel like it, I will be checking through the maps for mistakes and redoing what may require it.

My next step is to start off Operate Shooting Star and seek out that extra scenario mentioned. The problem is that I cannot begin the game. Either the rom is corrupt or I'll need a better version of the Desmume Emulator. My current version is 0.9.4. What is the most up to date?

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #523 on: July 15, 2010, 07:47:03 am »
Awesome job. That's a whole lot of maps! :D

I have v0.9.5, which is from Nov 2009, but I don't know how much of a difference that will make. :P
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline marioman

« Reply #524 on: July 15, 2010, 08:01:21 am »
Amazing work Will.  It's incredible to think that one person has mapped the entire Battle Network series.  At one point I was not sure if any of the games would be completely mapped...

If you are going to try and tackle some of the DS games, you may want to read through this thread on Sprites Inc.  (Particularly this post.)  As shown here, it appears that it is possible to extract the maps directly from the game data without the need to piece together screenshots.  The examples given are for Star Force 3, but I would think that a similar procedure would apply to the other DS games.  I don't now if this will be a help to you or not, but it may be worth a read.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 08:07:57 am by marioman »