Author Topic: Mega Man Maps  (Read 554126 times)

Offline marioman

RE: Mega Man Maps
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2007, 06:51:53 pm »
Update 9/16/07:

Geminiman has given a huge load of maps that actually complete two games!  The first is a map for the Secret Factory in Mega Man X3.  I forgot about that one, but Geminiman didn't.  Now Mega Man X3 should be complete.

Geminiman has also ripped the remaining maps for Mega Man & Bass.  (Pirate Man & King Stage 1)  Hence completing that game.

Additionally, he has ripped the Weapons Research Factory from Mega Man Zero 3.

Great job Geminiman.  I am glad to see an update

Offline Rew

« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2007, 07:19:08 pm »
Well, I figured today would be a good enough day to bump this old thread--new Mega Man maps from Geminiman! Now MM&B is officially complete with rips of Pirate Man and King stage 1. Also, we thought X3 was complete before, but Geminiman added a Secret Factory stage rip. I assume that's everything from that game now?

So everything is complete from the main series except Mega Man 8, which still has nothing. BTW, since Zeric has ripped almost everything from this game (except the Wily levels), why isn't what he has on the site yet? =(

As for the X series, here's what we're missing from the original Mega Man X:

- Introduction Stage

- Chill Penguin

- Storm Eagle

- Armored Armadillo

- Flame Mammoth

Of course, it would be neat to show the changed stages (e.g. Flame Mammoth's factory frozen over), but I think getting all the regular maps up should be a priority first. =)

Mega Man X2 (which I just beat today, yay!):

- Overdrive Ostrich

- Wire Sponge

- X-Hunter Base Stage 1

- X-Hunter Base Stage 2

- X-Hunter Base Stage 3

We still need the full game map rips of Mega Man Xtreme 2 (to complement the full game rip of the original Xtreme of course).

Also, minus the training mode of X5, we have nothing from the PSX Mega Man X games (X4, X5, X6). I know they were included by the original poster in hopes of being ripped, but are those even rippable? The graphics are much more complex than the 8-bit and 16-bit Mega Man titles.

On the Game Boy MM classic series, it looks everything's complete for MMI-III (although is Wily stage 1 missing from MMIII, or is that what the "Giant Suzy" is?). Will we be seeing MMIV and MMV in the near future, I wonder? (And hope!)

But all in all, looking very good here--kudos!

P.S. Marioman beat me to it! =P
From the Super Smash Bros. Brawl board on GameFAQs:
The only Fox News we're interested in is breakthroughs in his metagame.

Offline marioman

« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2007, 08:58:03 am »
Update 9/23/07:

Geminiman has given us another Mega Man Zero 3 map.  The Energy Facility is now available.  

On an unrelated note, I really like this level because it is really stealthy and the music for it is great.

Offline marioman

« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2007, 01:40:10 pm »
Update 9/28/07

A minor update here.  

I bought links tags, so I updated the links in the first post.  I also consolidated some of my footnotes.  

Since Mega Man Star Force is out in the US and Japan, I figured that I would at least add it to the list for now.  Since there isn't really much interest in Battle Network maps on the part of most people here (including myself), I may remove them from the list eventually.  Besides, there are other BN fans that are willing to put forth the effort to map them anyway.

A note has also been added that MegaBoy has ripped most of the in-game ZX Advent maps just as he did for ZX.

That is all.  Carry on.

Offline marioman

« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2007, 11:48:39 am »
Update 9/29/07:

I guess this weekend's update is finished, so I updated the list.

Geminiman is continuing his GBA trend, but is now working on Mega Man Zero 4.  The Hibernation Chamber and the Particle Beam levels have been ripped.

Offline marioman

« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2007, 08:51:03 pm »
Update 10/12/07:

Three more Mega Man Zero 4 maps have been ripped by Geminiman.  The ones in this set are the Hanging Garders, Ragnarok Core and Underground Forest.

On the subject of Mega Man Zero.  I was doing a 100% run of Mega Man Zero 3 the other day, and I needed a map of the Sunken Library.  To my dismay, that map has not been ripped yet.  I had to draw a map out by hand instead.  You guys are letting me down.  :P

Offline marioman

« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2007, 08:01:16 am »
Update 10/28/07:

Surprise, surprise.  We got a Mega Man Zero 2 map this week.  The Shuttle Factory stage has been ripped.  Geminiman must be trying out each Mega Man Zero game in order to figure out which one will be the easiest to map.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2007, 10:20:03 pm »
I'll let marioman tell everyone why today is a big deal.

Offline marioman

« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2007, 11:43:15 pm »
*Picks jaw up off of floor*

Update 11/26/07:

I...I can't believe it!  ZERIC FINISHED HIS MEGA MAN 8 MAPS!!!!!  I am absolutely stunned - he said that he was making progress, but I didn't know that he was so close to completion.

Congrats Zeric you have officially completed the mainstream Classic Mega Man series maps!  And I must say that they look great.  The "troublesome" maps like Frost Man and Wily Fortress 1 ended up looking amazing.

I would continue to chatter more, but I would really like to take a really good look at these maps.

Congratulations and thank you to Zeric.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2007, 08:41:53 am »
I don't want to commit myself too much, but I've been toying around with maps for the first Mega Man Zero game. Depending on my mood (and interest), I'll be doing 'default' and 'mission' maps, since things tend to change in areas when a mission is in progress.

Of course, knowing my luck, someone will post his while I'm still doing mine (most likely Geminiman)...

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline marioman

« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2007, 05:28:04 pm »
That would be nice.  I would say that Mega Man Zero 1 is my favorite of the MMZ games.  It has a sort of Metroid feel to it, and it is neat to see how the world unfolds.  I wish that the later games did that.

If you will let me know how many maps you think will be in the map set, I will update the list.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2007, 08:59:34 pm »
Technically, there are 4 separate areas:

-Underground Laboratory

-Desert/Hidden Base/Resistance Base/Disposal Center/Subway/Energy Factory

-"Stop The Train"

-Neo Arcadia Shrine/Tower/Core

But ideally, I'd like to make a default overall map, with separate maps for all the missions as well as those areas that are different in-between or after a mission, like the collapsed Underground Laboratory.

To be honest, the interconnected nature of the areas have made separating the maps harder, since objects, doors and even backgrounds change as you visit and revisit stages. I've sent a mail to Geminiman to make sure I'm not stepping on his toes with this, but even if I'm not, I'd prefer to  be farther along with my maps before commiting myself. I've already got a plate full waiting for me, as JonLeung will no doubt remind me (Battletoads, Sonic CD, too many others to count).

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2007, 07:59:39 pm »
Hey, marioman...

How is it that in this entire topic, you never mentioned Mega Man: The Power Battle?

Offline marioman

« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2007, 09:33:29 pm »
I haven't a clue.  But since there are now maps for it though, so I guess I better get to work counting the maps for the Power Fighters.

Thanks Jon, and thanks to Will for bringing that to our attention.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2007, 11:10:41 am »
I'm still not absolutely sure, but I think there are going to be 16 maps for Mega Man Zero, so you can edit the list in the first post. This would cover all 13 missions (official and unofficial), the assembled overworld, the collapsed Underground Laboratory and all of Neo Arcadia.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)