Author Topic: Mega Man Maps  (Read 576032 times)

Offline marioman

RE: Mega Man Maps
« Reply #285 on: October 10, 2008, 09:06:09 pm »
Got another map from TenguMan.  Magma Man is now complete!  Thanks - 8 to go.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #286 on: October 14, 2008, 02:33:44 pm »
It occurs to me that Mega Man: Powered Up! (PSP) is not on the list in the first post.

I'll have to find the topic, but I'm pretty sure someone found how it could be mapped.  I keep thinking it was either Zeric or Revned so I should find that.

Oh, and Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X (PSP) is also missing too.

Offline marioman

« Reply #287 on: October 14, 2008, 05:04:24 pm »
The reason that I did not add them is that I thought that there was not a good way to rip the 2.5D stuff.  However, if someone can come up with a good work-around, I will be glad to add them to the list...

Offline Revned

« Reply #288 on: October 14, 2008, 07:22:27 pm »
Zeric mapped a few without the backgrounds, if I remember correctly.

Offline Rew

« Reply #289 on: October 14, 2008, 08:48:58 pm »
Yeah, games like MMPU, MHX, and X8--while technically are 2D sidescrollers--they use 3D models instead of sprites, so making maps of them (at least of the same quality as the 8-bit and 16-bit titles) would be rather problematic. =/

---

"So this is what it's like..."

- Spark Mandrill
From the Super Smash Bros. Brawl board on GameFAQs:
The only Fox News we're interested in is breakthroughs in his metagame.

Offline TenguMan

« Reply #290 on: October 16, 2008, 06:05:52 pm »
I have troubles recreating the moon for galaxy man stage...does anyone have a screenshot of it?

I can't found it anywhere....

Offline marioman

« Reply #291 on: October 16, 2008, 07:01:59 pm »
Would tile sets have it?  This site may have what you are looking for.

Offline TenguMan

« Reply #292 on: October 17, 2008, 06:25:12 am »
...I didn't find it..

the map of galaxy man is complete..I don't know what I'm suppose to do....should I send it to John without the moon? :(

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #293 on: October 17, 2008, 06:53:48 am »
Just send it in without the moon, if one day you do get a chance to recreate the moon then you can always resubmit that map.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #294 on: October 17, 2008, 10:44:21 pm »
Okay, I put up Galaxy Man's and Splash Woman's stages...

More Mega Man goodness to come this weekend, from Revned!

Offline marioman

« Reply #295 on: October 18, 2008, 07:25:03 am »
Updated the list.  I also added the Endless Stage and Special Stage to the list.  I am not sure if TenguMan would like to tackle the Endless Stage or not, but I put it on the list anyway.

Ooooh - Mega Man goodness from Revned.  Let's see...there is only one Mega Man game that he started on.  I wonder if he is going to finish it...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #296 on: October 18, 2008, 10:10:47 am »
Revned has redone his maps for Mega Man III!

He got the remaining pixels that were shaved off before, he added Mega Man to the starting points, he framed the actual map areas, and...well, I don't know what else.  But they look good!

Offline Revned

« Reply #297 on: October 18, 2008, 12:59:32 pm »
Glad you like them. I tried several different things from my original maps, and I think they came out very nice.

I spent quite awhile trying different palettes I came across on the net. Some of them are considerably different from others. I ended up using a slightly tweaked version of the NTSC one found on Wikipedia.

One thing I like is that I included enemies that are parts of the stage, like the snake-shooters in Snake Man's level. I always thought my original maps looked too empty there. I also included the turret things in Needle Man's stage, and several mini-bosses I had previously left out.

I did take a slight artistic liberty in Magnet Man's stage. I wanted to show it before Proto Man blows up the little section, but it didn't look good if I used the following screen as-is. So, I replaced 8 tiles to make it work:

User posted image

marioman - If you're referring to Zero 2, it's not going to happen. It was just an experiment, and I never even played the game past a couple of stages. I like the classic series much better.

Jon - No front page exposure? :-(

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #298 on: October 18, 2008, 02:37:18 pm »
Well, I was debating on whether or not to put it on the front page.  I get revised maps all the time and no one's voiced a thing when I didn't mention them.  Of course, most of those are minor edits to a single map or two, like they forgot an item or they didn't put their name on it or something.

This is the first time someone's taken the effort to totally remap a game that they already did.  I figured it was worth a mention in this topic, but hey, it can't hurt to put it on the front page so I did that just now.

Did you say you were going to redo Mega Man, Mega Man 2 and/or Mega Man 4 as well?

Offline Revned

« Reply #299 on: October 18, 2008, 03:24:51 pm »
Thanks! I know they're not exactly new, but in some senses they are.

I might, I don't know. Mega Man 9 just got me in the mood.