Author Topic: Mega Man Maps  (Read 554751 times)

Offline TenguMan

RE: Mega Man Maps
« Reply #315 on: November 30, 2008, 05:05:34 pm »
could you tell me a program that can open that file? I'm a little ignorant in this area :P

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #316 on: November 30, 2008, 05:17:52 pm »
Try this program. The interface should be fairly intuitive.

---

"its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys" - John Freeman

Offline Revned

« Reply #317 on: November 30, 2008, 05:32:22 pm »
What's the matter with MM5 and MM6's maps? They look alright to me.

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #318 on: November 30, 2008, 08:55:30 pm »
All of them are missing the leftmost 8 columns of pixels, and most of them are missing the top and bottom 8 rows of pixels. Also, none of them have fancy white borders & spacing or title cards.

---

"its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys" - John Freeman

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #319 on: November 30, 2008, 09:21:31 pm »
I think RT 55J basically wants all six Mega Man games to be consistent, all done by Revned.

If not all of them, then I think redoing Mega Man and Mega Man II would probably be more "priority" than (re)doing Mega Man V and Mega Man VI...just my opinion...

Offline Revned

« Reply #320 on: November 30, 2008, 10:55:37 pm »
I see. If I do them, they'll have to wait until I redo the first two. My interest could wane before I get there.

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #321 on: December 01, 2008, 08:43:17 am »
I never said that Revned would need to redo them all (but it would be nice if they all used the same palette). I just want them to be visually consistent.

---

Offline Will

« Reply #322 on: December 01, 2008, 11:01:20 am »
Never knew MM5 and 6 had 8 bottom pixel rows missing. I think it was a buggy emulator. I once used VirtuaNES which was bad because it has 10 left pixel columns missing all the time. What do you use Revned which guarantees quality in NES games. I rely on Jnes but its colour palette isn't really good.

Anyway I've reached the Netopia Castle in Battle Network 2.

Offline Revned

« Reply #323 on: December 01, 2008, 11:26:42 am »
Well, I can switch between palettes pretty freely. I wrote a little program to do it. I tried several different palettes before I settled on this.

Will, that's a "feature" of most emulators. Many games don't render properly in the outer 8 pixels. Nestopia lets you choose whether or not to crop this off. Even so, Mega Man 3 and 4 have 8 pixels of black on the left that I had to manually rebuild.

Offline marioman

« Reply #324 on: December 03, 2008, 12:57:49 pm »
In case anyone is interested, I found a walk through walls code for Star Force 2.  (Hopefully it works.)  I also added a link to the WTW codes in the first post.

Offline Revned

« Reply #325 on: December 03, 2008, 05:52:40 pm »
Just sent in Mega Man 1. A few notes:

Osrevad's Elec Man map was missing several screens, which was understandable considering that they appeared twice in the stage. My new map is, as a result, quite a bit taller.

MagnetiC's Cut Man map had several single-pixel alignment mistakes that would probably have remained unnoticed if I hadn't remapped it.

My headers have portraits for the robot masters that aren't shown in this game. They are actually from Mega Man III's ending. I also borrowed Dr. Wily's logo.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #326 on: December 04, 2008, 09:36:57 pm »
Just uploaded Revned's revised maps from the original Mega Man game.

I didn't see the previous post here, but I did notice the considerable Elec Man height difference of about a thousand pixels, and I thought the portraits from Mega Man III were a nice touch, so I was going to mention these points if Revned hadn't already done so.

Revned has now claimed every pixel of the first four Mega Man games!  But we're expecting a rev(ned)ision of Mega Man II...

(It would be cool if someone could "NESsify" Oil Man's and Time Man's stages from Mega Man: Powered Up!, to see what they would look like had they existed in the original.)

Offline marioman

« Reply #327 on: December 08, 2008, 06:45:34 am »
OK, Will has new BN2 maps up.  As far as I can tell, he is about 1/3 of the way through the game.  Good job Will.

<quote=Jonleung>It would be cool if someone could "NESsify" Oil Man's and Time Man's stages from Mega Man: Powered Up!, to see what they would look like had they existed in the original.</quote>

Keep an eye on this.  Progress is slow, but it looks promising.

Offline Revned

« Reply #328 on: December 09, 2008, 04:47:22 pm »
II is done and submitted. I still haven't decided on V and VI yet, but I'll keep considering them.

Offline marioman

« Reply #329 on: December 09, 2008, 08:32:25 pm »
Awesome.  Thanks Revned - I'll be looking forward to seeing the new maps.