Author Topic: Mega Man Maps  (Read 577057 times)

Offline MagnetiC

RE: Mega Man Maps
« Reply #345 on: December 15, 2008, 06:08:34 pm »
Revned Said:

MagnetiC's Cut Man map had several single-pixel alignment mistakes that would probably have remained unnoticed if I hadn't remapped it.

Those damn stairs! But at least I was consistent ;)

The revised maps look great, especially now that they all have the same style.

---

Ignorance is bliss.
Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Revned

« Reply #346 on: December 15, 2008, 07:58:04 pm »
Thanks MagnetiC, and sorry to boot you off the list ;-)

Ryan: I remapped Mega Man 1-4 just because I wasn't 100% satisfied with my original maps. I replaced 4 maps by other people while I was at it, both for consistency and accuracy. Then, when I was getting ready to call it quits, RT 55J requested that I do the rest. I was hesitant to replace entire map sets, so I didn't say anything until I had mapped a couple of stages. Then I compared with those already here on VGMaps, and found several mistakes besides the missing pixels around the edges. At that point I decided that it would be worth it to keep going. When I got to yours, however, I wasn't so sure. The mistakes in are few and far between, and yours show enemies that mine don't.

So, I don't know if I should submit the first 8 maps. I don't want any hard feelings.... Anyone else have opinions? I've finished all of the robot masters, so it's not a question of whether or not I should map them at all.

marioman

« Reply #347 on: December 15, 2008, 08:05:51 pm »
Or Revned could have a straight six-game streak - for consistency, not to favor Revned for any other reason but that - if Ryan Ferneau can call dibs on something else.

Offline Will

« Reply #348 on: December 15, 2008, 11:16:29 pm »
I see you've mapped the long speedboat water channel in the Wave Man stage. I myself mapped that in the Game Gear version.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #349 on: December 20, 2008, 09:30:18 am »
Okay, about an hour ago I put up the revised Mega Man VI maps by Revned.  Ryan's are still there.

So now Revned has pretty much handled every pixel of all six NES Mega Man games (excluding that Wily No Light Japanese board game)!  Such dedication.

Offline marioman

« Reply #350 on: December 20, 2008, 12:15:23 pm »
Great job Revned.  It is amazing that you took the time to map every level of the first 6 games.

Will also put up more BN2 maps.  I would guess that he is about 45% through the game at this point.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #351 on: December 24, 2008, 07:31:46 am »
When you're finished with Mega Man: Battle Network 2, Will, you should send me another list of the order they should be in.  I only guessed how the new "NAL Airplane" fits together from head to tail judging by the placement of the doors (which was kind of neat) but that might not necessarily be the actual order the rooms should be in.

And did the first Battle Network actually get fully mapped?  It says so on the first post but I thought you said it wasn't or something.  Maybe I'm just confused...

Offline Will

« Reply #352 on: December 24, 2008, 08:44:20 am »
You got the NAL Airplane correct. Indeed it was neat and smart to approximate. I will send a new map list when I'm ready.

I don't recall saying the first battle network wasn't finished. I'm positive every map from the game hardware and software is finished. I've currently got 5 sections of the Airplane Cable Network system not to mention Magnetman to go through. Stay tuned for new information and Merry Xmas.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #353 on: December 26, 2008, 10:03:00 pm »
Will Said:
I only wish I were motivated to continue the Battle Network mapping.

That was post #304, which apparently I misread.  I thought you meant you had some more of the first game to map, when you were probably talking more about the series in general.

Will, do you plan on mapping all of the Battle Network games eventually?  0_0

Offline marioman

« Reply #354 on: December 29, 2008, 08:08:24 am »
Thanks for the new BN2 maps Will.  It would be awesome if all of the BN games could be mapped, but I am sure that it would be a difficult feat.  (Especially the games where you have to sort out differences between multiple versions.)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #355 on: January 05, 2009, 02:37:44 pm »
Aren't 3 White/Blue, 4 Red Sun/Blue Moon, 5 Team Colonel/Team Protoman the same except for minor differences (like the Pok?mon games)?  Was it 6 that was on the GBA and DS, and is that the same case?

Apologies if I got the names wrong above, though I think that's pretty good from memory considering I never played the Battle Network games (except for Network Transmission on the GameCube)...

If the differences are minor, just map one, and say it's for both, except, obviously, any areas that are exclusive.  If it's items that are different, then map the same area but indicate which item(s) appear in which version.

Offline Will

« Reply #356 on: January 07, 2009, 05:12:08 am »
Actually I think there are noticeable differences between Battle Network 3 Blue and White, not like Pokemon but more like Metal Slug 2 and Metal Slug X or Zelda Oracle of Ages and Zeld Oracle of Seasons. I would have to play right through to find out for sure. I am replaying Megaman Battle Network 2, so that I can get a better chance of getting to my destinations easily.

Offline TenguMan

« Reply #357 on: January 10, 2009, 07:12:40 pm »
Hi, happy new year to everyone

I'm writing here to say (for who is interested in :D) that I have finally started a new map from Megaman 9...I hope to finish it as soon as possible!

Ciao!

Offline marioman

« Reply #358 on: January 12, 2009, 05:43:43 pm »
Happy New Year to you TenguMan.  Nice to hear that you are making progress.  Good luck.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #359 on: January 12, 2009, 06:21:03 pm »
Glad to know it's not dead TenguMan! And of course, it's nice to hear from you, not just your maps! Happy new year to you too (and everyone else) :)

---

Current projects: Bucky O'Hare (NES), Metal Storm (NES), Clock Tower (SNES), Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)