Author Topic: Infendo is driving the site's hits  (Read 8591 times)

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
Infendo is driving the site's hits
« on: October 11, 2006, 10:37:42 pm »
http://www.infendo.com/2006/10/entire-nes-levels-screen-by-screen.html

How nice of them. And there's even comments from people who have come to visit.

Too bad it'll cause the bandwidth to get eaten up a lot sooner than normal...

---

Cool beans

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: Infendo is driving the site's hits
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 05:49:14 am »
We have more than just NES games, but maybe that's all they care about.

You're right, it will use more bandwidth, but I asked for more this month.  Hope the host replies soon.

There's actually been a noticeable increase of hits since the very end of September, but that was a big one from a couple days ago.  Hmmm.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 06:13:00 am »
It actually gets on my nerves that only maps from the older systems seem to get any recognition on the site. I've seldom seen the SNES or GBA maps being referenced for example.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 07:37:38 am »
You'd actually think the Super NES maps would be mentioned more often...there's more of them, they have more colour and detail, and they're old enough to be classics too...

I'm pretty sure, though, that the NES section has more completely mapped games than the Super NES.  That might be it.  You'd think Infendo could've mentioned VGMaps.com as a whole at least, though...

I'm glad that my site has more recognition because of the Wii's Virtual Console.  I expect that it may continue to drive hits up.  What I like is that the general aesthetic of the various Wii Channels, with a lot of white and rounded corners, fits VGMaps.com, or at least its front page.  I hope VGMaps.com will be viewable quite easily on the Wii Internet Channel.