Author Topic: Star Trek 40th anniversary tribute  (Read 7868 times)

Offline TerraEsperZ

Star Trek 40th anniversary tribute
« on: October 16, 2006, 12:17:40 am »
I used to be a big Star Trek fans, but I lost interest in the more recent series. Still, if you have any memory or interest in it, someone did a great montage set to music as a tribute to the franchise's 40th anniversary. It actually moved me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr_Si2FcB9U

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
RE: Star Trek 40th anniversary tribute
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 08:54:26 pm »
I love an entertaining story, and Star Trek has alot of that. I could care less about Stardates and countless planets and systems, but I thoroughly enjoy Star Trek.

Saying that, I could barely get into Voyager or Enterprise. I could not wait every week to watch the next episode of ST:TNG, but not those two. And I hear its the fault of two men who decided to branch off from Gene's original vision.

Personally, I think its the charisma of the crew. Patrick Stewart is so awesome. And William Shatner's over acting is balanced with Leonard Nimoy's calm character. Deep Space Nine had Avery Brooks and Rene Auberjonois (I sprained my tongue just thinking about saying that name), great amount of camera friendly-ness. Though once Terry left the show I stopped being interested. She's hot and the show Becker seemed like a step down for her. I hope she comes back to another sci-fi series that puts her in a tight outfit. But I digress.

To sum up, Star Trek good, Star Wars bad, and congratulations to Star Trek for turning 40. May your tummy never be as round as William Shatner's.

---

Cool beans

Offline Revned

RE: Star Trek 40th anniversary tribute
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 09:25:06 pm »
In the middle of the Earth in the land of the Shire...