Author Topic: Old map created by me  (Read 10265 times)

Offline Grizzly

Old map created by me
« on: October 23, 2006, 04:19:07 pm »
Yesterday while sorting some old papers I did find a very old printing which shows a part of a map I did create many years ago (around 1995, I think). I think I created it with the old 3.11 Paintbrush and didn't have enough RAM to create more than a little part of the the whole map. But I don't think it was possible to run DOS games in Windows 3.11 so it must have been Win 95 already.

I also created some handdrawn maps of games around that time but I can't find them at the moment. Otherwise I would scan them, too. I at least remember drawing some maps for Rayman.

User posted image - I think you all recognize this game. It's the DOS version :)

The scan isn't colour reduced, I only owned a dot matrix printer.

It's funny how I was into mapping back then but lost awareness of it and only started again 8 years later with much advanced possibilities.

It makes me want to continue mapping soon. I haven't mapped anything for some weeks now.

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: Old map created by me
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 04:52:58 pm »
Cool map, especially considering when it was made. At the time, I was making ASCII maps for Lands Of Lore 1 in WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS, which looked much worse than those...

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 05:41:26 pm »
Looks like you had the same layout that I have when I made the mapped it (or the NES version, rather), too!

Offline mephea

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 06:52:00 am »
thats what i need.  a freakin dot matrix printer.  

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 02:22:53 pm »
They still make dot matrix printers, although you're probably not going to be able to run down to Office Depot and find one.

Speaking of printing out maps, has anyone tried to get a large bitmap printed out?  I know most "professional" printers only want to deal with vector formats or want you to purchase several copies.

Offline StarFighters76

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 03:44:15 pm »
Not bad, really good with attention to detail.

---

Creator of over 400 maps on GameFAQs. ^_^
Creator of over 4,300 maps on GameFAQs!