Author Topic: Board Issues  (Read 7236 times)

Offline marioman

Board Issues
« on: November 02, 2006, 03:51:28 pm »
There are a few things that I would like to point out:

1.  Currently there is no way to edit posts.  If I try to edit a post, it says that I am not authorized to do so.  I have edited posts in the past, so I know that I should be able to.

2.  The search feature does not work.  If I try to search, I get a SQL error.

3.  If I am not logged in, I cannot see the "Other Boards" section on the board index.  I can see the "Main Boards", "Site Boards", and "Recent Posts", but I cannot see the "Other Boards".

Just to let you guys know...

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
RE: Board Issues
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 08:44:27 pm »
1. Certain abilities are given to users as they gain in levels in order to intice you to keep posting. Editing posts is one of them. Level 18 is the threshold for most.

2. There are a number of things wrong with the forum and will take a bit of effort to fix. They will be worked out though.

3. I'll look into it.

Thanks!

---

Cool beans

Offline marioman

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 05:23:21 am »
>> 1. Certain abilities are given to users as they gain in levels in order to intice you to keep posting. Editing posts is one of them. Level 18 is the threshold for most.  <<

That's strange...  I had been able to edit my posts in the past.  Did the rules change?

Also, I would think that you would want to grant the ability to edit posts to everyone.  This prevents people from double-posting.  I have been updating my list of Mega Man games to be mapped, and I would not like to have to spam that topic every time I have something to add.  (I could rather do that or spam on the other topics until I get to where I can edit posts.  But, no, I am too nice.)

Anyway, there is my two cents worth.  I would think that you would WANT people to be able to edit their posts in order to reduce double-posting.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 08:33:09 am »
I thought I requested the editing level to be lowered to 15 or so, but if I did, I'm sure it's on bustin's to-do list.